Re: Introduction

  • AndrewR
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25 11:36 AM
      Good day all.

      My name is Andrew Rohne, AC8JO. I am an Extra class ham. I've been a ham for around 20 years (since I was 12 or 13 or so), but took a 20 year hiatus during high school, college, early marriage, and college again.

      Around a year ago, I got back into the hobby and joined my local club. I've been messing around with just about every facet of amateur radio in the past year (from 2m repeater ragchewing to public service through WARN/ARES/RACES, a little bit of contesting, and several forays into different digital modes). All is when I get a chance - I have 3 kids (6 years, 15 months, and 1 month old), so I'm frequently busy at home!

      I'm active in social media (I'm frequently on at least one of Twitter, Facebook, or Google+) and I run a blog at www.ac8jo.us. My equipment includes an Icom IC-706MKiig and IC-T90A HT, a Yaesu FT-1900 and FT-411 HT.

      By day I'm a traffic engineer that forecasts the amount of traffic on the roads in the future. Because of that, I can do some computer programming (mostly in Basic, C++, Java, and FORTRAN), digital mapping, and database management.

      73
      Andrew AC8JO