196Re: [AmateurRadioLeadership] Ideas for Club Programs..

  • Norman Schklar
    Jan 6, 2014
      Share your ideas that are already in place!

      These come to mind:

      ARES

      Digital Repeaters

      Live DXpedition talks

      demonstration of "take to the field" antenna systems

      Home Brew or interface Show and Tell

      Members tell of interesting event in their Ham Radio Life

      What's Field Day?

      Satellite communications

      Tricks and tools to Learning CW

      Go Boxes

      Local Law Enforcement Communications systems

      How do the QSL Bureaus work.

      APRS show and tell.

      What and Why Contesting and DXCC

      What do the VHF contesting groups do to improve their score

      What has the ARRL done for me lately?

      73

      Norm, WA4ZXV
      Glad I'm not program chair person!
      Norcross, GA  www.GARS.org

      Norm

      On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:37 PM, K8TB <k8tb@...> wrote:

      So everyone else in the room stepped back in unison. I had no idea what
      was going on. But I am now the president of the Holland ARC (Holland,
      Michigan).

      One item that I am very concerned about is to have a solid program for
      each meeting. I have a few lined up, but I am looking for more ideas.

      What else have others clubs put forth for programs? I am also looking at
      having a set of videos as a backup if we can't get a live body, or they
      had to cancel. i have quite a few Dxpedition videos, and Youtube has a
      bunch, but are there any other videos out there worth showing to the club?

      Tom Bosscher K8TB, in West Michigan were it is 30 degrees colder than
      Alaska right now.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic