191Re: [AmateurRadioLeadership] Does your club own a projector ?

  • Norman Schklar
    Aug 8, 2013
      We use my projector.  Have been for about 7 years.  Don't know what happens when the bulb blows.

      Norm WA4ZXV

      On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Bruce <n1bn@...> wrote:

      The last time i was "asked" to be the club VP I stated that I would only do it if the club bought a digital projector to use at the monthly meetings - for the featured speakers.

      I found a used 8 year old Proxima projector at the TRW ham swap meet for $150. We have since put 60 hours on the lamp and it is still going strong - even though not as small and bright as the current models - it is a workhorse.

      Renting projectors is expensive. So we got lucky with our purchase. And use it almost every month. I feel that any general club meeting without graphics or displays or eye candy - is more boring than a meeting with these things.

      Projectors start about $400 when on "sale" at the Staples type stores. A cheap investment in keeping members and guests coming back to monthly meetings.

      And I often plug my iPad into our "old" projector to show video or graphics or websites. Apple has a neat little VGA adapter ($30) to make this possible.

      Go forth and project !

      73
      Bruce N1BN
      Pasadena Radio Club

      And to toot my own horn, here is my most recent Field Day film...
      http://youtu.be/gTtgU1bhk70
      Show it at your club meeting if you like. Enjoy
      Projected from my iPad at our July meeting.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic