RE: [AmadiFamily] Fw: Those born between 1930 and 1980

  • Chinyere Iyeh
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 10, 2010

       That's correct ! for those that will b needing interpretation,.........chi......wink* wink*lol

      To: AmadiFamily@yahoogroups.com
      From: lemekemere@...
      Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:24:33 +0000
      Subject: Re: [AmadiFamily] Fw: Those born between 1930 and 1980

      "Odi kwa egwu o" means it is scary o.

      From: lemekemere@yahoo. com
      Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:21:45 +0000
      To: <AmadiFamily@ yahoogroups. com>

      You see, if you had agreed to go to school, you would have realized Treasure was not referring to when you were born again. Also you and your people - BP would not be trying to drown us over here in oil. Odi kwa egwu o.
      Lemeke

      From: Chiazom Chiori <cchiori@yahoo. com>
      Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 01:31:28 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <AmadiFamily@ yahoogroups. com>

      Sis, but I was born in 1990.

      From: vivien ezenwa <vivienezenwa@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: Those born between 1930 and 1980
      To: "nwabunor ezenwa" <abunsbuns@aol. com>, "dorothy otite" <dorothy.otite@ talk21.com>, "nkechi metuh" <nnewi@hotmail. com>, "treasure samafolayan" <tjinigltd@yahoo. com>, "bridget harvey" <bharvey250301@ aol.com>
      Date: Friday, June 4, 2010, 3:31 PM

      If you are a Nigerian born between 1930-1980 Congratulations

      To Those of us Born 1930-1980

      No matter what the new Nigerian generation thinks of, WE ARE AWESOME!!!! OUR LIFE IS A LIVING PROOF !!!!

      Our Nigerian mothers took aspirin, ate gari and fufu, geisha from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes. Then we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints.

      We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets on our heads.

      As infants & children, we would ride in family cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, no shock absorber, bald tires and sometimes no brakes. We drank water from the mouth of public taps and not from a bottle.

      We shared one bottle of coke with four friends and no one actually died from this.  (We also learnt the virtue of sharing which seems to be going extinct right now)

      We ate cake made with Fat and Agege bread, with real butter. We drank TreeTop made with real white sugar. And, we weren't overweight.  WHY? Because we were always outside playing....that' s why!

      We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the evening lights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. We had no mobile phones. And, we were OKAY!! (Those were peacefull days!)

      We did not have Play stations, Nintendo's and X-boxes. There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet and no chat rooms. WE ONLY HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them there! (where we could actually verify who they were unlike the case with the internet)

      We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents. (These accidents actually made us strong)

      We would get spankings with belts, roots, twigs, or just the raw bare hand with five fingers and no one would call child services to report abuse.

      (OMG, those spankings have made us what we are today, with a healthy respect for authority)

      We ate crickets, bush rats, grass cutters, squirrels and those insects that come after the rains . Mama always knew how to deal with them with a nice cup of Phillip Milk of Magnesia.

      We wore Bata shoes. We made up our games with sticks, scraps and pebbles or just the bare sand.

      We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them, shared their lunch or their mama would prepare our lunch.  Imagine that!!

      The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law! And will even punish us for breaking the law. (I shudder to think what my father would have said if I had even suggested that he gives me money to pay for scores, what?)

      These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever.

      The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. What can kids today do besides push buttons. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with them all.

      If YOU are one of them, CONGRATULATIONS!

      You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up in this generation. While you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave and lucky their parents were.

      It’s nice to know that God was watching over us.