Desire for change - Mark Vella

  • Michael Briguglio
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 9:54 AM
      Desire for change www.independent.com.mt 1/9/02

      Mark Vella
      Projects Co-Ordinator
      Alternattiva Demokratika - The Green Party www.alternattiva.org.mt

      May I express my sincere gratitude for Raphael Vassallo�s positive
      comments on AD�s commitment towards the abolishment of hunting in Spring,
      according to the EU�s Birds Directive, and our continous struggle in
      opposing the consistent trend of offering ever-increasing concessions to
      the hunting lobby.

      The fact that AD-The Green Party is being lauded by your contributor,
      together with 60 per cent of civil society thinking the way we do, shows
      that opposing hunters� abuses is no longer a loony-green issue espoused
      by a negligible minority. The opposition towards the vicious hunting
      lobby is a clarion cry from civil society and law-abiding citizens
      reclaiming their rights to their country, their land, and their quality
      of life.

      It is an appeal to preserve our natural heritage for the benfit of future
      generations. Mr Vassallo also suggested ways of combating illegal
      hunting, namely by writing letters to the papers and to your MPs, or by
      joining one of Malta�s nature groups. These methods are a way by which
      civil society can make its voice heard, and are also an instrument which
      would strenghthen the commitment of many valourous NGOs such as Nature
      Trust who have always had the Green Party�s unstinting support.

      However, if you really want to say it loud, combat the abuse, and reclaim
      your liberties, there is another way of doing things. It is by voting
      Alternattiva in the next election. If you think that the PN and the MLP
      are paying lip-service to your wishes, then do one thing: Vote AD No. 1.

      If you�re still tied to a traditional party, but you think in the same
      way as us and agree with our stance on the issue, than vote your party
      first and carry on with AD at number 2. Vote for us too. Anyway you
      express your desire for real change, it will be a vote you�ll never regret.

      FREE!! Submit your website's URL to the largest search-engine for Maltese web-sites on the Net AT NO COST!
      Simply go to http://searchmalta.com/submit/ and follow the instructions on the site.