Food Cravings

  • buzzsweetness
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2004
      I have started to crave mustard , I can eat it right out of the
      jar , or put it on crackers.... I am not pregnant either...anyone
      have any ideas on why I am craving this ????? thanx Lisa
    • europanz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2011
        If you crave this...What you really need is...And here are healthy foods
        that have it:ChocolateMagnesiumRaw nuts and seeds, legumes,
        fruitsSweetsChromiumBroccoli, grapes, cheese, dried beans, calves liver,
        chicken CarbonFresh fruits PhosphorusChicken, beef, liver, poultry,
        fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, legumes, grains SulfurCranberries, horseradish,
        cruciferous vegetables, kale, cabbage TryptophanCheese, liver, lamb,
        raisins, sweet potato, spinachBread, toastNitrogenHigh protein foods:
        fish, meat, nuts, beansOily snacks, fatty foodsCalciumMustard and turnip
        greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesameCoffee or
        teaPhosphorousChicken, beef, liver, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts,
        legumes SulfurEgg yolks, red peppers, muscle protein, garlic, onion,
        cruciferous vegetables NaCl (salt)Sea salt, apple cider vinegar (on
        salad) IronMeat, fish and poultry, seaweed, greens, black
        cherriesAlcohol, recreational drugsProteinMeat, poultry, seafood, dairy,
        nuts AveninGranola, oatmeal CalciumMustard and turnip greens, broccoli,
        kale, legumes, cheese, sesame GlutamineSupplement glutamine powder for
        withdrawal, raw cabbage juice PotassiumSun-dried black olives, potato
        peel broth, seaweed, bitter greensChewing iceIronMeat, fish, poultry,
        seaweed, greens, black cherriesBurned foodCarbonFresh fruitsSoda and
        other carbonated drinksCalciumMustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale,
        legumes, cheese, sesameSalty foodsChlorideRaw goat milk, fish, unrefined
        sea saltAcid foodsMagnesiumRaw nuts and seeds, legumes, fruitsPreference
        for liquids rather than solidsWaterFlavor water with lemon or lime. You
        need 8 to 10 glasses per day.Preference for solids rather than
        liquidsWaterYou have been so dehydrated for so long that you have lost
        your thirst. Flavor water with lemon or lime. You need 8 to 10 glasses
        per day.Cool drinksManganeseWalnuts, almonds, pecans, pineapple,
        blueberriesPre-menstrual cravingsZincRed meats (especially organ meats),
        seafood, leafy vegetables, root vegetablesGeneral overeatingSiliconNuts,
        seeds; avoid refined starches TryptophanCheese, liver, lamb, raisins,
        sweet potato, spinach TyrosineVitamin C supplements or orange, green,
        red fruits and vegetablesLack of appetiteVitamin B1Nuts, seeds, beans,
        liver and other organ meats Vitamin B3Tuna, halibut, beef, chicken,
        turkey, pork, seeds and legumes ManganeseWalnuts, almonds, pecans,
        pineapple, blueberries ChlorideRaw goat milk, unrefined sea
        saltTobaccoSiliconNuts, seeds; avoid refined starches TyrosineVitamin C
        supplements or orange, green and red fruits and vegetables
        1. Lectures, Cheryl M. Deroin, NMD, Southwest College of Naturopathic
        Medicine, Spring 2003 (healthy food

      • europanz
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2011
          Mustard is rich in vitamin B6- which is part of the B complex of vitamins.
          Vitamin B6 is an essential component of the digestive process as it is required for the production of hydrochloric acid in your stomach and for the production of magnesium in our bodies( magnesium will also raise the levels of HCI (hydrochloric acid) in your stomach and aid in digestion.)
          Without vitamin B6, B12 can never be functionalized properly and nor can iron since they work in conjunction with each other.

          Eat more foods rich in vitamin B6 these items may include~ fish, brewer's yeast, wheat bran, wheat germ, liver, cantaloupe, rice, eggs, oats, peanuts and walnuts.

          If for some reason you can not eat these foods you may want to consider a multi-vitamin.

          The B vitamins are a water soluble complex this means that we can consume them in excess and excrete whatever our body doesn't use. Therefore we need to ingest them on a daily basis or suffer from the side affects including night muscle spasms, leg cramps, hand and feet numbness, prickling and tingling sensations, dry mouth and excessive urination problem and nausea and vomiting.

          Things that may be causing your lack of B6 currently include antidepressants, antibiotics, cold and flu medicines, laxatives, diuretics, aspirin, some oral contraceptives, estrogen supplementation, alcohol, caffeine, sodas and soft drinks.