Pancreas? Gallbladder? ???

  • Joy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2015

      Something in my upper abdomen is so swollen that it's hard to breathe. This happens when I just eat too much for too many days, and it goes away in a day when I eat very little.

      It took me a very long time to even figure this out -- it's a delayed reaction that goes through things like sluggishness then sick headache then this swelling. Doctors have been totally useless; I thought one of them might have finally been right when he said it was gastritis, but there doesn't seem to be much consensus on gastritis symptoms...

      At least I know how to keep it from happening now, and I'm kinda thankful for it keeping me from eating even more, but I still would like to figure out what's going on...

      Anybody have similar experiences?

    • Linda Bumpas
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 26, 2015
        Indigestion/gas/bloating? Hiatal hernia?

        I get the difficulty breathing sometimes when my stomach is full, especially when I bend forward/slump. I think it's related to my hiatal hernia and not very efficient digestion. I also think it's related to stress.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2015
          Has anyone suggested hiatal hernia?...

          If so, small and frequent meals are the key...

          Most small hiatal hernias cause no signs or symptoms. However, larger hiatal hernias can cause signs and symptoms such as:
          • Heartburn
          • Belching
          • Difficulty swallowing
          • Chest or abdominal pain
          • Feeling especially full after meals
          • Vomiting blood or passing black stools, which may indicate gastrointestinal bleeding

          When to see a doctor

          Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any persistent signs or symptoms that worry you.