Herb of the Month: Clove

  • yogiguruji
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5 1:38 PM
      Good Morning!

      Herb of the Month: Clove

      Syzygium aromaticum, cloves are derived from the Latin word clavus which means "nail" and are an ancient and venerable spice that is much sought after for their versatility and powerful medicinal properties. Its aphrodisiac nature makes clove oil one of the best stress reliever and stimulant for reducing mental exhaustion and fatigue. It is also used to create sweet dishes such as with fruits like apples, pears or rhubarb.

      Try our recipe for delicious Clove/Carrot Soup. Discover how clove, carrots and the power of color make for an incredible Fall soup. Soup is the best remedy for warming the cockles of your heart, especially in this season of dampness and cold!

      Learn about a recipe for Clove Lemon Cookies. These gluten-free solutions are a wonderful and delicious treats. These melt-in-your-mouth cookies combine refreshing lemon with aromatic cloves, creating a memorable treat.

      Clove Tea, is made by infusing cloves into hot water and cover for 5 minutes, then drink. Cloves are used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine, Chinese medicine, and western herbalism. Cloves are used as a carminative, to increase hydrochloric acid in the stomach and to improve peristalsis. Cloves are also said to be a natural anthelmintic. They can be found in three of our wonderful teas, our seasonal Thanksgiving Tea our fun, Witches' Brew Tea and our healing Male Balance Tea.

      Angel's Mist Clove Essential Oil is used in aromatherapy when stimulation and warming are needed, especially for digestive problems. Topical application over the stomach or abdomen are said to warm the digestive tract. This oil also relieves toothache. The oil that is extracted from cloves are widely used in mouthwashes, toothpaste, acne creams and in health products.

      Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac
      http://www.peacefulmind.com/oils.htm
      Therapies for healing
      mind, body, spirit

[...]