psyllium husks and reflux?

  • Joy Rex
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2012
      I apparently have GERD, or reflux that almost never hurts. Something
      like that.

      Finally realized that psyllium husks won't stay out of my esophagus,
      when I take them, even when I keep on swallowing water. Like tonight,
      I took very little of the husks, and I keep drinking water, and they
      just keep coming up into my throat.

      Anybody else have this problem?
    • De Anna Michelle
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2012
        Why not try mixintg them with honey before swallowing?

        Hope this helps,
        DeAnna Michelle

        "Be who you are and be that well."
        - Saint Francis de Sales -

        “When I come to the edge of all the light I know, and am about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: either there will be something solid to stand on or i will be taught how to fly.”
        -Wise Woman Barbara J. Winter, Writer-

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 26, 2012
          Yes, I have had Gerd" off and on for years, and I take psyllium husks, BUT... take at least 1-2 hrs before bedtime and that goes for eating also.
          Good luck,  Rita from Oregon