Recipe: Aromatherapy Anxiety Bath

  • Andrew Pacholyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2012
      Good Morning!

      Recipe: Aromatherapy Anxiety Bath

      We all have fears and worries but when they begin to dominate our life and our
      behavior, and become the focal point in which everything revolves, that's
      anxiety. Many factors can contribute; trauma, chemical sensitivity, caffeine,
      heredity, drugs, alcohol, lifestyle choices....If you cannot change the
      situation that is the focus of anxiety, try to determine a way of trying to
      change your way of handling the problem. Relaxation of the mind and body and
      stress reduction are key.

      Anxiety is often vague and undirected, a sinking feeling that something terrible
      is about to happen. Unlike concrete fears (of illness or losing a job, for
      example), anxiety often stems from what used to be called borrowed trouble.
      Anxious people imagine worst-case scenarios and spend lots of time dreading
      things that may never happen. For persistent anxiety, seek professional
      counseling. But the natural remedies can help tremendously.

      Anxiety disorders are possibly the most common and frequently occurring
      disorders of the mind/body. They include a group of conditions that share
      extreme anxiety as the principal disturbance of mood or emotional tone. Anxiety,
      which may be understood as the pathological counterpart of normal fear, is
      manifest by disturbances of mood, as well as of thinking, behavior and
      physiological activity. Included in this category are panic disorder (with or
      without a history of agoraphobia), agoraphobia (with or without a history of
      panic disorder), generalized anxiety disorder, specific phobia, social phobia,
      obsessive-compulsive disorders, acute stress disorder and post-traumatic stress
      disorder .

      Anxiety disorders are ubiquitous across human cultures. The longitudinal course
      of these disorders is characterized by relatively early ages of onset,
      chronicity, relapsing or recurrent illness and periods of disability. Panic
      disorder and agoraphobia are particularly associated with suicidal tendencies.

      Aromatherapy can relax you and give you strength in order to handle your
      emotional stamina. Combined with hydrotherapy, the mysterious and amazing
      healing power of water has been utilized for centuries. Water cleanses,
      refreshes and restores all life. We are always drawn to water. Be it a soothing
      fountain or majestic waterfall. Water is a carrier. It flows. It moves along the
      line of least resistance to find its way to the ocean where comes and goes in
      the ebb and flow of tides and waves. The appeal is inexplicable!

      Try this Anti-Anxiety Bath

      If life is giving you too much stress, a relaxing bath with
      the proper essential oils can give you a moment of peace
      and a much-needed new perspective. Try the following bath
      on a day when you're feeling stressed, and don't forget to
      light a candle and lock the door for complete peace and
      privacy. You will need:

      1 cup of Epsom salts

      Oil of Sandalwood

      Oil of Patchouli

      Oil of Ylang-Ylang

      A bath pillow (optional)

      Add the Epsom salts to your running bath, and mix with your
      hands until dissolved. Then add a few drops of each of the
      oils and mix well. Lay back and relax for at least 15
      minutes (with a bath pillow under your head if you have
      one). Don't fall asleep! Just relax and meditate on feeling
      peaceful and calm. After 15 minutes, wash yourself with a
      soft, natural soap (such as a rose and glycerin soap) and a
      soft wash cloth. Gently pat off with a towel when your bath is
      done.

      Andrew Pacholyk, MS. L.Ac
      http://www.peacefulmind.com/anxiety.htm
      Therapies for healing