Help I ate....amaranthe or a leaf from a wantering jew plant

  • vrudny krista
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2012
      I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I was at a friend's farm in Costa Rica and was walking with my daughter. I grabbed a leaf from what I thought was an edible plant and it turns out I picked the wrong one! The other variety was the one they were placing in our salads and it looked exactly the same.

      Apparently children can die from eating these, so thank god my daughter didn't eat it when I offered it to her. So now I'm having diarrhea and I'm wondering if I just wait this out or if it's more serious needing intervention and if there is anything I can do to heal it. The bowel movements started early this morning, so far no fever or any other symptoms. I have only treated it with Grapefruit Seed Extract, peppermint and Thieves Essential oil. I also had some salad dressing that was a touch moldy, so it could also be that.  We have probiotics...so I'm going to take some tonight. Thanks, Krista