Tong Ren Therapy

  • Karolyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2012
      Has anyone here looked into Tong Ren therapy? It is a healing system developed by Tom Tam, a Boston area acupuncturist, that involves using a magnetic hammer to tap specific points on a plastic acupuncture model, or "doll", to promote healing. I know it sounds like crazy voodoo, and the professional skeptics & debunkers are all over it. Tam is on their Quacklist Top 10, which is, of course, one of the reasons I find it appealing :>)

      You can sign up for on-line "guinea pig" classes to try it out, & later, if you like it, you can buy a kit to tap along, or to help friends & family. It really hinges, I think, on the belief that we can heal ourselves & others with the powerful intent of our own minds & tapping in, no pun intended, to the energy of the universe, & what Tam calls "the collective unconscious".

      I have no vested interest in this, am not promoting it, but recently discovered it, find it interesting, and thought it might appeal to other members of this group. There are many informative sites accessible from a Google search for "Tong Ren" but here's just one, to get you started:

      http://www.tongrenstation.com/

      Konnie