Celery Nutritional Benefits

  • ideas4health.in
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2012
      Celery Nutritional Benefits:

      Celery is being used as one of the vegetables for its nutritional
      benefits, which belongs to the family group of plants as that of
      fennel, parsley, umbelliferae family. Celery roots, seeds, prized
      stalks and leaves are used as vegetable in the food items, and also
      used extensively as natural remedy for treating various health
      disorders. Celery plant grows about 1 foot and comprises of leaves
      arranged like stalks, in the shape of cone. These stalks are very
      tender, mild, and delicate with crunchy texture and tastes lightly
      salty. Two varieties of celery are generally found, one is white
      variety that is common in Europe and another green variety, which is
      common in the United States of America.

      Celery plants are supposed to be originated from Southern Europe and
      North Africa and spread over Europe, USA and in other countries
      including in the parts of Himalayas region. Now it is grown and found
      and became predominant vegetable in the Countries like United States of
      America and Europe. Celery nutritional profile includes; Celery leaves
      are enriched with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B complex constituents
      like B1, B2, B5, B6, folic acid, Vitamin K, and contain the essential
      minerals such as potassium, sodium, iron, phosphorous, calcium,
      molybdenum, manganese, magnesium, and numerous vital amino acids, fatty
      acids, dietary fiber, sugar and carbohydrates. Celery vegetable does
      not loose nutrients while cooking unlike other vegetables and foods.

      Celery Nutritional Benefits includes; celery is very good source of
      Vitamin C, phytosterols like phthalides and coumarins that reduces
      cholesterol, and hypertension, and helps to prevent cancer. The rich
      content of Vitamin C found in celery leaves prevents common cold and
      prevents common infections. Celery also prevents asthma, help to
      provide relief from rheumatoid arthritits, osteoarthritis. The presence
      of Vitamin C is eliminates free oxygen radicals, improves cardiovascular
      health, improves heart health, prevent heart strokes. Due to the
      presence of 3-n-phthalides, phthalides that relax muscles and dilates
      blood vessels, which leads to lower blood pressure and the presence of
      calcium, potassium and magnesium together improves heart health, and
      prevents hypertension. Intake of celery juice reduces LDL Cholesterol
      levels while enhancing the secretion of bile juice.
    • earthmother1111
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2012
        I am taking Celery extract in capsule form for HBP. Seems to be helping.