Itchy skin

  • carolyn91012
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 21 5:17 AM
      Husband has a terrible itch on the back of his hands and thigh of his leg. He gets it cleared up with prescription steroid ointment or antihistime prescrition also is using antibiodic pills and ointment. It starts out as a rash with small red bumps, scabs over (yes he scratches it at night in his sleep), then breaks open and weeps when he uses lotions or ointments. He has tried many alternative remedies...oil of oregano, apple cider vinegar, b-vit., fish oil many other things. But the rash and itching always comes back. Does anyone have a suggestion to help the itching? thanks
    • Philip Martin
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 21 6:50 PM
        These are symptoms of the body excreting toxin overload. The pills and ointments etc are attempting to stop this process. No good can come of it.
        Drink more water to help the kidneys. Notice if the itching flairs up after eating certain foods. It sounds like he has food intolerances.

        --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "carolyn91012" <tx30323@...> wrote:

        > Husband has a terrible itch on the back of his hands and thigh of his leg. He gets it cleared up with prescription steroid ointment or antihistime prescrition also is using antibiodic pills and ointment. It starts out as a rash with small red bumps, scabs over (yes he scratches it at night in his sleep), then breaks open and weeps when he uses lotions or ointments. He has tried many alternative remedies...oil of oregano, apple cider vinegar, b-vit., fish oil many other things. But the rash and itching always comes back. Does anyone have a suggestion to help the itching? thanks

      • Phil Bate PhD
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 22 7:07 AM
          That sounds suspiciously like Herpes. In any case, try wetting finger with
          plain bar soap, and coating the itchy area with a layer of that soap,.
          Then, scratch it, and wash your hands, and put on another layer of soap.

          If it is Herpes, try using Lysine (an amino acid) in 500 or 1000mg per
          day. That suppresses the Herpes virus. for more info on Herpes
          http://drbate.com/content/herpes.shtml

          --
          Phil Bate PhD - Inventor of NT Therapy
          NT Solves ADD-Autism, Depression, and more

        • Elizabeth Minner
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 22 8:37 AM
            I developed a similar situation several years ago. It sounds like he may have developed an allergic contact dermatitis. Does he ever wear gloves IE: surgical, or latex, some types of non latex gloves? If so, he may have to get allergy testing done if he hasn't already done so. I am allergic to Thiuram, a chemical which is an accelerant used in making surgical gloves. My condition became worse while using waterless scrub solution underneath he gloves. Avoidance is the only way. I lost my livelihood 3 yrs ago to this issue. Unfortunately, no alternative measures worked for me. I hope he can get it resolved.
            Liz

          • shaul_morgenstern
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 22 10:24 AM
              we got rid of this type of thing with hoemeopathy

              --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "carolyn91012" <tx30323@...> wrote:

              > Husband has a terrible itch on the back of his hands and thigh of his leg. He gets it cleared up with prescription steroid ointment or antihistime prescrition also is using antibiodic pills and ointment. It starts out as a rash with small red bumps, scabs over (yes he scratches it at night in his sleep), then breaks open and weeps when he uses lotions or ointments. He has tried many alternative remedies...oil of oregano, apple cider vinegar, b-vit., fish oil many other things. But the rash and itching always comes back. Does anyone have a suggestion to help the itching? thanks

            • Dan Towey
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 22 1:11 PM
                Depends upon the type of water that will assist internally. The skin is a
                reflection of the internal environment. Micro-clustered, hexagonal. Ionized
                has created miracles for some of my clients to drink the alkaline version.
                Spraying the acidic version of the same medical grade water topically, has
                created healing in a matter of days. I can easily provide more info and
                offer assistance if you desire. Namaste'

                Dan Towey - LMT, CRT, BF

                Wellness Facilitator & Educator

                www.WellnessWithWater.org

                "Health-ing People is Wealth-ing People"

                407-447-7294

                Best water in the world

              • isis_az
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 22 2:14 PM
                  Carolyn, stubborn skin issues often indicate that painful emotions are causing the physical condition and/or blocking the complete healing of it. Our bodies signal via symbols that we have harmful emotions that need to be released. The emotions are likely from an uncomfortable situation that happened right before the itching and rashes began.

                  Itching hands can indicate feelings of "itching to get/push away from something irritating that got under my skin" or trying and failing to grasp something or bring something into my life.

                  Itching thighs might indicate an inability to walk away from something irritating on one's Life Path, itching to get away from it but cannot, and feeling unsafe or that the painful situation will never end.

                  Many emotional release modalities exist. My two proven favorites are FREED: Fast Release of Emotional Energy Drains and EFT: Emotional Freedom Techniques.

                  Sending peace, light & healing energy to all,
                  Colleen Flanagan, Phoenix AZ
                  www.EmoRescue.com

                  --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "carolyn91012" <tx30323@...> wrote:

                  > Husband has a terrible itch on the back of his hands and thigh of his leg. He gets it cleared up with prescription steroid ointment or antihistime prescription also is using antibiodic pills and ointment. It starts out as a rash with small red bumps, scabs over (yes he scratches it at night in his sleep), then breaks open and weeps when he uses lotions or ointments. He has tried many alternative remedies...oil of oregano, apple cider vinegar, b-vit., fish oil many other things. But the rash and itching always comes back. Does anyone have a suggestion to help the itching? thanks

                • Erica
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 23 8:37 AM
                    The skin/mind is very true. I had some emotions that caused my skin
                    to.... well....

                    I looked like a burn victim. I was told I had the worst psoraises case
                    ever seen, I was told I had Stephen Johnsons, doctors still don't know
                    what I had. Doctors had told me I was going to die.

                    I still have it, but I am 97% better.

                    One of the things I did to get better was to forgive my ex-husband for
                    years of abuse and neglect that left me scarred and my kids scarred for
                    life. I also had to forgive my father for molesting me when I was a kid.
                    His actions led me to make bad decisions for a long time. I had to
                    forgive my brother for forgetting that he had a sister, and I had to
                    forgive the man that I thought I was going to marry that told me I was
                    not 'pure' enough. I had to forgive my neighbor who raped me and got me
                    pregnant [my son is 21 now].Stupid huh? There's more than that but you
                    get the point.

                    Then I had to work on forgiving myself. That was the hardest.

                    I began to realize I had a TOXIC OVERLOAD of negative emotions. I read
                    the book 'Deadly Emotions' by Don Colbert, along with other books. I
                    began to release people and I began to release ME [it took 8 years, but
                    I had lot of pain].

                    And my body began to heal. One thing I regret is that when I was 'sick'
                    in the mind, I had children living at home. They saw me go through this
                    whole process. And I regret that. I began to heal myself by telling me
                    that my children needed me, and they did not need me sick bodily or sick
                    in the head.

                    So I began to let stuff go. I also let ME go. And my body [skin] began
                    to heal.

                    Something for you to think about.

                  • Ruth Ann Miller
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 23 9:14 AM
                      Erica

                      Bless your heart! You are on an incredible journey.
                      Ruth Ann

                      ________________________________
[...]

                      ------------------------------------

                      Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-

                      HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:

                      http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm

                    • Karolyn
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 23 9:40 PM
                        What homeopathic remedy did you use?

                        It might also be worthwhile to try aloe vera gel. Just be sure it is as pure as you can get & is certified with the seal of approval from the International Aloe Science Council (IASC)

                        Karolyn

                        --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "shaul_morgenstern" <shaul_morgenstern@...> wrote:

                        > we got rid of this type of thing with hoemeopathy
                        >
                        > --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "carolyn91012" <tx30323@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Husband has a terrible itch on the back of his hands and thigh of his leg. He gets it cleared up with prescription steroid ointment or antihistime prescrition also is using antibiodic pills and ointment. It starts out as a rash with small red bumps, scabs over (yes he scratches it at night in his sleep), then breaks open and weeps when he uses lotions or ointments. He has tried many alternative remedies...oil of oregano, apple cider vinegar, b-vit., fish oil many other things. But the rash and itching always comes back. Does anyone have a suggestion to help the itching? thanks

                      • gemni romantic
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 24 12:27 AM
                          hi . i have an herbal oil for itchy skin . it works wonders.
                          if u wanna i ca send you.    yadvinder from india.

                          ________________________________
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 25 5:35 AM
                            Thanks to all who have responded. You have all given me many things to try. Appreciate your response. Thanks again.

                          • cmc
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 27 9:07 AM
                              d oes he use his hands in/with chemicals, what does he wash with, come in contact with. look at lifestyle; your treating a condition without getting to a cause

                              On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 12:40 AM EST Karolyn wrote:

                              >What homeopathic remedy did you use?
                              >
                              >It might also be worthwhile to try aloe vera gel. Just be sure it is as pure as you can get & is certified with the seal of approval from the International Aloe Science Council (IASC)
                              >
                              >Karolyn
                              >
                              >--- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "shaul_morgenstern" <shaul_morgenstern@...> wrote:
                              >>
                              >> we got rid of this type of thing with hoemeopathy
                              >>
                              >> --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "carolyn91012" <tx30323@> wrote:
                              >> >
                              >> > Husband has a terrible itch on the back of his hands and thigh of his leg. He gets it cleared up with prescription steroid ointment or antihistime prescrition also is using antibiodic pills and ointment. It starts out as a rash with small red bumps, scabs over (yes he scratches it at night in his sleep), then breaks open and weeps when he uses lotions or ointments. He has tried many alternative remedies...oil of oregano, apple cider vinegar, b-vit., fish oil many other things. But the rash and itching always comes back. Does anyone have a suggestion to help the itching? thanks

                            • Sandy Ingersoll
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 27 3:03 PM
                                Recently I had an unknown rash on my face that weeped, itched, got very
                                miserable and painful at the worst. I tried everything and then someone
                                suggested castor oil. I used the hexane free castor oil many times during the
                                day and also night. It cleared it up better than anything else I'd tried. I
                                went to an herbalist and he said that was the best choice. Right now I've only
                                got very little detection of it at all. I have no idea what caused it, maybe a
                                detox of some sort, since I do things for detoxing occasionally.

                                Sandy

                                >> > Husband has a terrible itch on the back of his hands and thigh of his leg. He
                                >>gets it cleared up with prescription steroid ointment or antihistime prescrition
                                >>also is using antibiodic pills and ointment. It starts out as a rash with small
                                >>red bumps, scabs over (yes he scratches it at night in his sleep), then breaks
                                >>open and weeps when he uses lotions or ointments. He has tried many alternative
                                >>remedies...oil of oregano, apple cider vinegar, b-vit., fish oil many other
                                >>things. But the rash and itching always comes back. Does anyone have a
                                >>suggestion to help the itching? thanks

                              • cheryl bullock
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 3, 2011
                                  try pinetarsol

                                  Thanks to all who have responded. You have all given me many things to try. Appreciate your response. Thanks again.