Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

I'd really like to keep my gall bladder!

Expand Messages
  • Dawn
    Hello Everyone, My name is Dawn, I ve been on here for awhile now & have learned a great deal from you all, but this is my first time posting. I ve always been
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29, 2011
      Hello Everyone,
      My name is Dawn, I've been on here for awhile now & have learned a great deal from you all, but this is my first time posting. I've always been interested in natural medicine, but haven't had any real issues until now.

      I have always had problems with my digestion. The first thing I cut from my diet about 20 years ago was artificial ingredients. Over the years I continued to cut out anything I found that upset my digestion. So when I started having more digestive issues I just thought it was time I went totally vegetarian. That was going really well until I became concerned with the lack of protein in my diet. 2 days after adding eggs & peanut butter to my diet I ended up in the hospital.

      My ultra sound didn't show anything, but the ct scan showed a thickening of the gall bladder wall. Nothing showed up on the MRI except divertasomething which was "inactive".(I forget the name!I do know what it is though).

      The real worry (I think)is with my liver, The liver count(?) was really high when I went in, but lowered by the time I left, but it tested positive for hepatitis, not a contagious type.
      All the blood tests results weren't in on my last doctor's visit, & I have more blood tests Monday, so there could still be other issues.

      They say my gall bladder is inflamed & needs to be removed & I need a liver biopsy. I'm kinda ok with the biopsy part, but I hope I can avoid the removal part. They want to do it at the same time. I am hoping someone could suggest alternatives for me to look into?
      Thank you.
      Dawn
    • Cynthia
      Dawn, What have you done in the way of digestive enzymes and probiotics? If you have not investigated this avenue, I would suggest you do so before going
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 30, 2011
        Dawn,

        What have you done in the way of digestive enzymes and probiotics? If you
        have not investigated this avenue, I would suggest you do so before going
        under the knife. I had my gallbladder removed many years ago and have
        regretted it ever since.



        Sincerely,

        Cynthia



        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Peter
        Get a copy of the bible of Healing, Louise Hay s You Can Heal Your Life. Then see the emotions you are blocking away in those organs --gall bladder is
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 30, 2011
          Get a copy of the bible of Healing, Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life.
          Then see the emotions you are blocking away in those organs --gall
          bladder is particularly hot anger -- feeling 'galled'. Then find ways to
          release these stored up emotions and save the organs you so desperately
          wish to keep.
          Louise Hay - gallstones (related) Bitterness. Hard thoughts.

          --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "Dawn" <dawnyrie@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hello Everyone,
          > My name is Dawn, I've been on here for awhile now & have learned a
          great deal from you all, but this is my first time posting. I've always
          been interested in natural medicine, but haven't had any real issues
          until now.
          >
          > I have always had problems with my digestion. The first thing I cut
          from my diet about 20 years ago was artificial ingredients. Over the
          years I continued to cut out anything I found that upset my digestion.
          So when I started having more digestive issues I just thought it was
          time I went totally vegetarian. That was going really well until I
          became concerned with the lack of protein in my diet. 2 days after
          adding eggs & peanut butter to my diet I ended up in the hospital.
          >
          > My ultra sound didn't show anything, but the ct scan showed a
          thickening of the gall bladder wall. Nothing showed up on the MRI except
          divertasomething which was "inactive".(I forget the name!I do know what
          it is though).
          >
          > The real worry (I think)is with my liver, The liver count(?) was
          really high when I went in, but lowered by the time I left, but it
          tested positive for hepatitis, not a contagious type.
          > All the blood tests results weren't in on my last doctor's visit, & I
          have more blood tests Monday, so there could still be other issues.
          >
          > They say my gall bladder is inflamed & needs to be removed & I need a
          liver biopsy. I'm kinda ok with the biopsy part, but I hope I can avoid
          the removal part. They want to do it at the same time. I am hoping
          someone could suggest alternatives for me to look into?
          > Thank you.
          > Dawn
          >



          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • medusa
          Before losing your gall bladder I d try the liver flush first..perhaps combined with some parasite cleanses. The fact that the gall bladder itself is inflamed
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 30, 2011
            Before losing your gall bladder I'd try the liver flush first..perhaps
            combined with some parasite cleanses. The fact that the gall bladder
            itself is inflamed goes to show likely to be the irritating factor there
            which is likely gall stones or parasites. Both won't show up on films.
            Mine certainly didn't. while it is debatable whether it is harmless to
            lose one's gall bladder..if you've grown accustomed to yours and would
            like it keep it...I'd certainly give it a try. I don't know why they
            would want to biopsy if they don't show any mass..thickening is not
            enough to warrant that IMO. If you feel discomfort especially after
            eating or drinking something with fat in it....then you've got stone sin
            your liver and gall bladder.


            medusa


            On 07/29/2011 11:11 PM, Dawn wrote:
            > Hello Everyone, My name is Dawn, I've been on here for awhile now&
            > have learned a great deal from you all, but this is my first time
            > posting. I've always been interested in natural medicine, but haven't
            > had any real issues until now.
            >
            > I have always had problems with my digestion. The first thing I cut
            > from my diet about 20 years ago was artificial ingredients. Over the
            > years I continued to cut out anything I found that upset my
            > digestion. So when I started having more digestive issues I just
            > thought it was time I went totally vegetarian. That was going really
            > well until I became concerned with the lack of protein in my diet. 2
            > days after adding eggs& peanut butter to my diet I ended up in the
            > hospital.
            >
            > My ultra sound didn't show anything, but the ct scan showed a
            > thickening of the gall bladder wall. Nothing showed up on the MRI
            > except divertasomething which was "inactive".(I forget the name!I do
            > know what it is though).
            >
            > The real worry (I think)is with my liver, The liver count(?) was
            > really high when I went in, but lowered by the time I left, but it
            > tested positive for hepatitis, not a contagious type. All the blood
            > tests results weren't in on my last doctor's visit,& I have more
            > blood tests Monday, so there could still be other issues.
            >
            > They say my gall bladder is inflamed& needs to be removed& I need a
            > liver biopsy. I'm kinda ok with the biopsy part, but I hope I can
            > avoid the removal part. They want to do it at the same time. I am
            > hoping someone could suggest alternatives for me to look into? Thank
            > you. Dawn
          • carus_lupus
            Hi Dawn, I suggest the following: Milk thistle ginger boldo lemon enough water the juice of carrot, celery, grape, apple, red bit in combination just extracted
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
              Hi Dawn,

              I suggest the following:
              Milk thistle
              ginger
              boldo
              lemon
              enough water
              the juice of carrot, celery, grape, apple, red bit in combination just extracted
              stop eating eggs, dairy products, all kind of nuts and seeds for a while
              eat only vegetables and fruits and pay especially attention to bitter leafy greens such as dandelion, artichoke and others.

              Rena

              ----- Original Message -----
              From: Dawn
              To: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
              Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 11:11 PM
              Subject: [AlternativeAnswers] I'd really like to keep my gall bladder!



              Hello Everyone,
              My name is Dawn, I've been on here for awhile now & have learned a great deal from you all, but this is my first time posting. I've always been interested in natural medicine, but haven't had any real issues until now.

              I have always had problems with my digestion. The first thing I cut from my diet about 20 years ago was artificial ingredients. Over the years I continued to cut out anything I found that upset my digestion. So when I started having more digestive issues I just thought it was time I went totally vegetarian. That was going really well until I became concerned with the lack of protein in my diet. 2 days after adding eggs & peanut butter to my diet I ended up in the hospital.

              My ultra sound didn't show anything, but the ct scan showed a thickening of the gall bladder wall. Nothing showed up on the MRI except divertasomething which was "inactive".(I forget the name!I do know what it is though).

              The real worry (I think)is with my liver, The liver count(?) was really high when I went in, but lowered by the time I left, but it tested positive for hepatitis, not a contagious type.
              All the blood tests results weren't in on my last doctor's visit, & I have more blood tests Monday, so there could still be other issues.

              They say my gall bladder is inflamed & needs to be removed & I need a liver biopsy. I'm kinda ok with the biopsy part, but I hope I can avoid the removal part. They want to do it at the same time. I am hoping someone could suggest alternatives for me to look into?
              Thank you.
              Dawn





              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • John Libonati
              Dawn, Celiac disease can cause both issues: fatty liver and gallbladder disease. Regarding gallbladder, chronic inflammation of the intestinal lining blocks
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 31, 2011
                Dawn,

                Celiac disease can cause both issues: fatty liver and gallbladder disease. Regarding gallbladder, chronic inflammation of the intestinal lining blocks the common bile duct. Over time bile backs up and the gallbladder is affected. Non-alcoholic cirrhosis (fatty liver/elevated liver enzymes) is directly or indirectly caused by gluten ingestion. We have articles related to both on our website, as well as everything you need to know about gluten disorders.

                I have met people who were taken off the liver transplant list because they healed. Same with gallbladder.

                Doctors do not consider dietary intervention and gluten removal for treatment. When their patients recover, they attribute it to "spontaneous remission."

                I encourage you to consider gluten sensitivity and celiac disease before they try to cut out your organs.

                -John


                John Libonati

                GlutenFreeWorks.com
                http://www.glutenfreeworks.com
                Tel. 215-591-4565

                "Recognizing Celiac Disease"
                The Complete Guide to Recognizing, Diagnosing and Managing Celiac Disease
                http://www.recognizingceliacdisease.com
                ____________________________

                Hello Everyone,
                My name is Dawn, I've been on here for awhile now & have learned a great deal from you all, but this is my first time posting. I've always been interested in natural medicine, but haven't had any real issues until now.

                I have always had problems with my digestion. The first thing I cut from my diet about 20 years ago was artificial ingredients. Over the years I continued to cut out anything I found that upset my digestion. So when I started having more digestive issues I just thought it was time I went totally vegetarian. That was going really well until I became concerned with the lack of protein in my diet. 2 days after adding eggs & peanut butter to my diet I ended up in the hospital.

                My ultra sound didn't show anything, but the ct scan showed a thickening of the gall bladder wall. Nothing showed up on the MRI except divertasomething which was "inactive".(I forget the name!I do know what it is though).

                The real worry (I think)is with my liver, The liver count(?) was really high when I went in, but lowered by the time I left, but it tested positive for hepatitis, not a contagious type.
                All the blood tests results weren't in on my last doctor's visit, & I have more blood tests Monday, so there could still be other issues.

                They say my gall bladder is inflamed & needs to be removed & I need a liver biopsy. I'm kinda ok with the biopsy part, but I hope I can avoid the removal part. They want to do it at the same time. I am hoping someone could suggest alternatives for me to look into?
                Thank you.
                Dawn



                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • ramesh
                Hi Dawn, Your gallbladder is a pear-shaped pouch on the underside of your liver. Its purpose is to store and concentrate bile, As a bile-storage organ, your
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
                  Hi Dawn,

                  Your gallbladder is a pear-shaped pouch on the underside of your liver. Its purpose is to store and concentrate bile, As a bile-storage organ, your gallbladder is needed to help you digest fat, an important nutrient needed by all parts of your body. If your gallbladder does not properly function, it sets off a chain reaction of other health problems that may lead to body aging and gallstones.If a gallbladder attack results form a stone in the bile duct, then there will be severe pains radiating from the upper abdomen to the back or right shoulder.

                  Symptoms:
                  An unhealthy gallbladder may give you gaseous indigestion,irregularity, visual disturbances, poor fat digestion,bloating and skin lisions.This obstruction may cause infection along with jaundice and liver injury.With proper health care and the use of power foods, you should be able to enjoy a healthy gallbladder and risk of gallstones.

                  Simple olive oil is a miraculous power food that can wake up a sleepy gallbladder and lubricate its components and ducts,so that it can store and then release bile as needed to metabolize needed vitamins A,D,E and K which must have some fat for body assimilation.

                  Take two tablespoons of ordinary olive oil before you start any of your main meals.It's the gallbladder-pampering power food that helps keep it functioning smoothly and protects against gallstones. Also try drinking camomile tea as a means of stimulating the sluggish gallbladder so that accumulated sludge can be washed through the urinary tract and out of the body, add lemon juice for vitamin c, because the ingredients in the camomile herb become invigorated by the active vitamin c to promot a form of cleansing for the gallbladder.

                  Eliminate fried foods, rich pastries,pork,creams and gravies.Instead eat lean broiled or boiled meats,whole grains,fruits,vegetables and skim milk products.Drink lots of water and fruit and vegetable juices daily. Avoid tension, keep yourself physically and mentally active.

                  Its also good practice that in the morning, drink a glass of slightly warmed apple juice. Its malic acid content creates internal reverberations so that accumulated sludge and pebble-like encrustations can be washed out during your morning bowel movement.

                  I hope this simple program will do much good for you to keep your gallbladder with the use of the power foods.

                  Regards,
                  Ramesh G.Nair
                  M.H.R.E.I(Pondicherry)
                • mulchandani harry
                    hello Dawn. u  may try Aloe Vera juice regularly  this should help have a beqautiful day I AM THAT HARI ... From: Dawn Subject:
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 1, 2011
                     
                    hello Dawn.
                    u  may try Aloe Vera juice regularly  this should help
                    have a beqautiful day

                    I AM THAT
                    HARI

                    --- On Sat, 7/30/11, Dawn <dawnyrie@...> wrote:


                    From: Dawn <dawnyrie@...>
                    Subject: [AlternativeAnswers] I'd really like to keep my gall bladder!
                    To: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 8:41 AM


                     



                    Hello Everyone,
                    My name is Dawn, I've been on here for awhile now & have learned a great deal from you all, but this is my first time posting. I've always been interested in natural medicine, but haven't had any real issues until now.

                    I have always had problems with my digestion. The first thing I cut from my diet about 20 years ago was artificial ingredients. Over the years I continued to cut out anything I found that upset my digestion. So when I started having more digestive issues I just thought it was time I went totally vegetarian. That was going really well until I became concerned with the lack of protein in my diet. 2 days after adding eggs & peanut butter to my diet I ended up in the hospital.

                    My ultra sound didn't show anything, but the ct scan showed a thickening of the gall bladder wall. Nothing showed up on the MRI except divertasomething which was "inactive".(I forget the name!I do know what it is though).

                    The real worry (I think)is with my liver, The liver count(?) was really high when I went in, but lowered by the time I left, but it tested positive for hepatitis, not a contagious type.
                    All the blood tests results weren't in on my last doctor's visit, & I have more blood tests Monday, so there could still be other issues.

                    They say my gall bladder is inflamed & needs to be removed & I need a liver biopsy. I'm kinda ok with the biopsy part, but I hope I can avoid the removal part. They want to do it at the same time. I am hoping someone could suggest alternatives for me to look into?
                    Thank you.
                    Dawn








                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • Dawn
                    Thank you for all your advice! I found it very helpful & hopeful. I have a lot of what was suggested since I ve been having digestive issues anyway, I was just
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 4, 2011
                      Thank you for all your advice!
                      I found it very helpful & hopeful. I have a lot of what was suggested since I've been having digestive issues anyway, I was just afraid to take them after my attack. I just try one thing at a time to see how it feels. I've also been following what I guess is a gallbladder diet & I'm feeling a lot better. Thank you!
                      I had more blood tests done & met with my doctor. The blood tests are all pretty much where they should be. And as long as the GI doctor agrees, he said I might not need surgery! He wants another sonogram & another round of blood tests to be certain though. He said there's a polyp on my gallbladder which concerns him. But He also said he thinks I passed a stone & is why I probably had the attack. Would passing a stone make a polyp looking thing on a sonogram?
                      As far as my liver goes, he thinks the hepatitis was from getting mono a second time. I never knew I had it a first time! My CVL or CLV levels were high. But other than that there aren't any other issues going on. I'm healthy. 
                      I'm going to continue following your advice & see how things go from here.
                      Thanks so much!
                      Dawn
















                       









                       



                      --- On Sat, 7/30/11, Dawn <dawnyrie@...> wrote:



                      From: Dawn <dawnyrie@...>

                      Subject: [AlternativeAnswers] I'd really like to keep my gall bladder!

                      To: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com

                      Date: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 8:41 AM



                       



                      Hello Everyone,

                      My name is Dawn, I've been on here for awhile now & have learned a great deal from you all, but this is my first time posting. I've always been interested in natural medicine, but haven't had any real issues until now.



                      I have always had problems with my digestion. The first thing I cut from my diet about 20 years ago was artificial ingredients. Over the years I continued to cut out anything I found that upset my digestion. So when I started having more digestive issues I just thought it was time I went totally vegetarian. That was going really well until I became concerned with the lack of protein in my diet. 2 days after adding eggs & peanut butter to my diet I ended up in the hospital.



                      My ultra sound didn't show anything, but the ct scan showed a thickening of the gall bladder wall. Nothing showed up on the MRI except divertasomething which was "inactive".(I forget the name!I do know what it is though).



                      The real worry (I think)is with my liver, The liver count(?) was really high when I went in, but lowered by the time I left, but it tested positive for hepatitis, not a contagious type.

                      All the blood tests results weren't in on my last doctor's visit, & I have more blood tests Monday, so there could still be other issues.



                      They say my gall bladder is inflamed & needs to be removed & I need a liver biopsy. I'm kinda ok with the biopsy part, but I hope I can avoid the removal part. They want to do it at the same time. I am hoping someone could suggest alternatives for me to look into?

                      Thank you.

                      Dawn



                      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



























                      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    • siphiwem1@yahoo.com
                      Hi. you do not need to worry about lack of protein. Every vegetable contributes the required amino acids that eventually get used by the body to build protein.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 5, 2011
                        Hi. you do not need to worry about lack of protein. Every vegetable contributes the required amino acids that eventually get used by the body to build protein. There is more concentration of amino acids in legumes, i.e. beans, peas, nuts, etc.
                        Meanwhile, please note that when eat animal products, the body breaks them down into amino acids during digestion, and only a few amino acids are suitable for human use.
                        Also, please note that human bodies need 23-28 amino acids. Only 8 are required from outside sources, i.e. food. The rest are manufactured by the body itself. That is why is very much ok to go vegetarian and avoid all those digestive problems that you get from animal products. after all, the animals that we eat are vegetarian and yet they grow big and strong. Why do we think we are different?

                        If you read Take Control of Your Health: Master of Your Destiny book 1 by Sapphire S. Mpofu, you will get more information on this. It is available from www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.authorhouse.co.uk, www.kalahari.net.

                        --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, medusa <medusa569@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > Before losing your gall bladder I'd try the liver flush first..perhaps
                        > combined with some parasite cleanses. The fact that the gall bladder
                        > itself is inflamed goes to show likely to be the irritating factor there
                        > which is likely gall stones or parasites. Both won't show up on films.
                        > Mine certainly didn't. while it is debatable whether it is harmless to
                        > lose one's gall bladder..if you've grown accustomed to yours and would
                        > like it keep it...I'd certainly give it a try. I don't know why they
                        > would want to biopsy if they don't show any mass..thickening is not
                        > enough to warrant that IMO. If you feel discomfort especially after
                        > eating or drinking something with fat in it....then you've got stone sin
                        > your liver and gall bladder.
                        >
                        >
                        > medusa
                        >
                        >
                        > On 07/29/2011 11:11 PM, Dawn wrote:
                        > > Hello Everyone, My name is Dawn, I've been on here for awhile now&
                        > > have learned a great deal from you all, but this is my first time
                        > > posting. I've always been interested in natural medicine, but haven't
                        > > had any real issues until now.
                        > >
                        > > I have always had problems with my digestion. The first thing I cut
                        > > from my diet about 20 years ago was artificial ingredients. Over the
                        > > years I continued to cut out anything I found that upset my
                        > > digestion. So when I started having more digestive issues I just
                        > > thought it was time I went totally vegetarian. That was going really
                        > > well until I became concerned with the lack of protein in my diet. 2
                        > > days after adding eggs& peanut butter to my diet I ended up in the
                        > > hospital.
                        > >
                        > > My ultra sound didn't show anything, but the ct scan showed a
                        > > thickening of the gall bladder wall. Nothing showed up on the MRI
                        > > except divertasomething which was "inactive".(I forget the name!I do
                        > > know what it is though).
                        > >
                        > > The real worry (I think)is with my liver, The liver count(?) was
                        > > really high when I went in, but lowered by the time I left, but it
                        > > tested positive for hepatitis, not a contagious type. All the blood
                        > > tests results weren't in on my last doctor's visit,& I have more
                        > > blood tests Monday, so there could still be other issues.
                        > >
                        > > They say my gall bladder is inflamed& needs to be removed& I need a
                        > > liver biopsy. I'm kinda ok with the biopsy part, but I hope I can
                        > > avoid the removal part. They want to do it at the same time. I am
                        > > hoping someone could suggest alternatives for me to look into? Thank
                        > > you. Dawn
                        >
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.