Questions about GERD

  • Channing
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 29, 2011
      I am a Female with Autism the Aspergers Kind I am having a lot of problems with Vomiting from my GERD (Also Known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn) I have some questions my questions are:
      1. I am having a lot of regurgitation before I Vomit What can I do to stop regurgitation?
      2. Does a Food Allegery make a Person have:
      1. Regurgitation
      2. Vomiting
      3. Make them feel that they are having a heart attack
      These are the symptoms I am having?
      3. I am on protonix for GERD (Also known As ACID Reflux or Heartburn) and this is not Helping at all. I have tried Tums, Gaviscon, Prilosec Zantac and Omeprazole for my GERD (Also known as ACID reflux or Heartburn and this did not Help
      4. When I vomit I am vomiting up any food and drink I take in at Dinner time when I usually finish at 5pm because I am vomiting every night between 6pm-12am If I have Dinner What Can I do?
      5. My Gastro Doctor Says he Cannot Help me with fixing the Vomiting problem that is going on with my GERD (Also known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn) What Can I do?

      I want to say Thank you to anyone that can give answers

      Channing
    • Cynthia
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 29, 2011
        Channing,

        I am so sorry you are having to endure this nightmare. I too was diagnosed
        with GERD and LPR. All the traditional and OTC pharmaceuticals were
        prescribed but I did not choose to go that route. Here is what I did:

        1. Eat no later than five hours before bedtime.

        2. No tomatoes, citrus fruits or acidic foods of any type.

        3. I do not eat highly spiced foods.

        4. I eat my largest meal in the middle of the day.

        5. I take a digestive enzyme before all meals and HTC after eating.

        Most of us, due to diet, chemicals in the foods, etc are low on enzymes and
        they are necessary to digest the food we eat or it just sits there and
        can/does cause reflux. The pharmaceuticals that Dr's prescribe for the
        problem must enhance these problems because they restrict digestive acids
        needed. You don't want to eliminate the acids, you want to enhance them with
        enzymes naturally created in the stomach.

        As for the vomiting, have you been checked for a hernia? This is what I am
        picking up from your post. Hope some of this helps you.

        Abundant Blessings,

        Cynthia

      • Mercurius Trismegistus
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 29, 2011
          You should get rid of the GERD. Have you tried acupuncture? GERD is
          easy to treat with acupuncture and Chinese Herbs. Make a tea out of
          some Huang Lian. (It's not delicious, but it's effective.)
          You could try putting peppermint essential oil on the following points:
          Large Intestine 4, 11, San Jiao 5, Ren 12, 17, 22, Pericardium 6,
          Stomach 36, 44, Gall Bladder 34. You can look those points up online.

          On 6/29/2011 5:50 PM, Channing wrote:
          > I am a Female with Autism the Aspergers Kind I am having a lot of problems with Vomiting from my GERD (Also Known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn) I have some questions my questions are:
          > 1. I am having a lot of regurgitation before I Vomit What can I do to stop regurgitation?
          > 2. Does a Food Allegery make a Person have:
          > 1. Regurgitation
          > 2. Vomiting
          > 3. Make them feel that they are having a heart attack
          > These are the symptoms I am having?
          > 3. I am on protonix for GERD (Also known As ACID Reflux or Heartburn) and this is not Helping at all. I have tried Tums, Gaviscon, Prilosec Zantac and Omeprazole for my GERD (Also known as ACID reflux or Heartburn and this did not Help
          > 4. When I vomit I am vomiting up any food and drink I take in at Dinner time when I usually finish at 5pm because I am vomiting every night between 6pm-12am If I have Dinner What Can I do?
          > 5. My Gastro Doctor Says he Cannot Help me with fixing the Vomiting problem that is going on with my GERD (Also known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn) What Can I do?
          >
          > I want to say Thank you to anyone that can give answers
          >

          > Channing
          >

          > ------------------------------------

          > Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
          >
          > HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
          >
          > http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm

        • Dr. DHMS
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 29, 2011
            This problem can be due to many reasons which are to be unfolded. Stomach disorders like dyspepsia, eructations, gastric derangement etc can be the reason. This is the problem of digestive tract, you feel diseased in upper part which may be a reflection of lower part as well. Anemia can cause it also. Besides all that there may be some long standing psychological problems with you like grief, tension, depression etc.
            So this requires much of investigation by questioning and Homeopathic way of treatment is the best way to follow. If you have one practicing Classical Homeopath in your area please contact to him.
            I may help you remotely but it will take more time and patience.

            Dr.

            ________________________________
[...]

          • Wilayne Vandevender
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 30, 2011
              All the answers were good, it seems. My husband and I also take 1 Tlb.
              apple cider vinegar with 1 Tlb. honey in a warm glass of water, with each
              meal. Can be before, or after, or with.

              Also, the person who suggested essential oil of peppermint gave you a good
              clue. However, one suggestion -- when first trying it, put some olive oil,
              or almond oil on the spot/s you are using the peppermint oil. If your skin
              is tender, it may burn a bit more than it should. Skin can get red from
              this oil if it is tender.

              Best of luck to you. My grandson had GERD as a baby, but he outgrew it, so
              I can't be of much other help.

              Wilayne

              On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Dr. DHMS <dr.dhms@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > This problem can be due to many reasons which are to be unfolded. Stomach
              > disorders like dyspepsia, eructations, gastric derangement etc can be the
              > reason. This is the problem of digestive tract, you feel diseased in upper
              > part which may be a reflection of lower part as well. Anemia can cause it
              > also. Besides all that there may be some long standing psychological
              > problems with you like grief, tension, depression etc.
              > So this requires much of investigation by questioning and Homeopathic way
              > of treatment is the best way to follow. If you have one practicing Classical
              > Homeopath in your area please contact to him.
              > I may help you remotely but it will take more time and patience.
              >

              > Dr.
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Mercurius Trismegistus
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 30, 2011
                You don't have to use peppermint essential oil, but imo it's the best.
                Anything cooling will do. There are alot of cooling essential oils.

              • hssaini12345@yahoo.co.in
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 30, 2011
                  Few additions:drink water .If you are low on water intake ,increasing it will help.
                  Take banana and cauliflower. Cold milk helps. Can add few yoga to strengthen internal organs. Also some exercise.
                  All the above are natural and cause no side effects.
                  God bless.
                  Best Regards
                  Saini

                  Sent from BlackBerry� on Airtel

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 1, 2011
                    I would like to say a few words on the topic. I have been suffering from GERD for a long time, so I know a few things from first hand experience. General information does not apply to everyone and each person had to find what is good and what is bad for themselves.
                    This is what I found out on my own:
                    - homeopathy helps. I think that I was able to get rid of this ailment mostly due to homeopathy;
                    - large intake of water only increases the occurance of vomiting;
                    - do not eat citrus fruits, or vinegar, or fatty foods;
                    - don't eat spicy foods;
                    - for me bananas are not a good remedy when I feel bad;
                    - you have to watch very closely how you combine your foods. For instance I discovered that if I ate bread and drank coffee at the same meal, in exactly 20 minutes I felt really bad. This is why I say that it is best to separate foods. Eat only one kind of food at a meal and let a couple of hours before the next food intake. It is a long and difficult process but the result pays the effort. Eat several smaller meals better than fewer large meals.
                    Hope this helps.
                    Lucia

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 3, 2011
                      Well said Lucia!

                      Dr.

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 4, 2011
                        Thank you, Doctor!

                        --- On Mon, 7/4/11, Dr. DHMS <dr.dhms@...> wrote:

                        Well said Lucia!

                        Dr.

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 8, 2011
                          Hi,
                          The key to preventing GERD is food combining and the reduction or elimination of animal products from your diet. In fact most digestive problems from stomach to elimination point can be managed by food combining. the principle of food combining refers to how you eat certain foods together or separately for effective digesting. for example, having starchy foods and a steak means that the alkaline saliva that digests starches is neutralised by acids digesting the steak. this stops digestion. then your body creates more acids in an effort to digest this food sitting in the tummy. Hence the burning.

                          With the animal products, the problem is that they are generally difficult to digest so the body produces a lot of acid to digest meats and dairy products. The result is more acid burning its way up the canal. More information in the book Take Control of Your Health, Master of Your Destiny Book 1 by Sapphire S. Mpofu. This is available on www.amazon.com, or www.authorhouse.co.uk or www.kalahari.net

                          --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, Mercurius Trismegistus <magisterium_magnum@...> wrote:

                          > You don't have to use peppermint essential oil, but imo it's the best.
                          > Anything cooling will do. There are alot of cooling essential oils.
                          >

                          > On 6/30/2011 4:27 PM, Wilayne Vandevender wrote:
                          > > All the answers were good, it seems. My husband and I also take 1 Tlb.
                          > > apple cider vinegar with 1 Tlb. honey in a warm glass of water, with each
                          > > meal. Can be before, or after, or with.
                          > >
                          > > Also, the person who suggested essential oil of peppermint gave you a good
                          > > clue. However, one suggestion -- when first trying it, put some olive oil,
                          > > or almond oil on the spot/s you are using the peppermint oil. If your skin
                          > > is tender, it may burn a bit more than it should. Skin can get red from
                          > > this oil if it is tender.
                          > >
                          > > Best of luck to you. My grandson had GERD as a baby, but he outgrew it, so
                          > > I can't be of much other help.
                          > >
                          > > Wilayne
                          > >
                          > > On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Dr. DHMS<dr.dhms@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > >> **
                          > >>

                          > >> This problem can be due to many reasons which are to be unfolded. Stomach
                          > >> disorders like dyspepsia, eructations, gastric derangement etc can be the
                          > >> reason. This is the problem of digestive tract, you feel diseased in upper
                          > >> part which may be a reflection of lower part as well. Anemia can cause it
                          > >> also. Besides all that there may be some long standing psychological
                          > >> problems with you like grief, tension, depression etc.
                          > >> So this requires much of investigation by questioning and Homeopathic way
                          > >> of treatment is the best way to follow. If you have one practicing Classical
                          > >> Homeopath in your area please contact to him.
                          > >> I may help you remotely but it will take more time and patience.
                          > >>

                          > >> Dr.
                          > >>
                          > >> ________________________________

                        • D P
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 27, 2011
                            Hello,

                             I have heard that vinegar is good for GERD and also taking some sauerkraut morning and evening can help that and ulcers........any thoughts or knowledge from this group would be
                            helpful.
                             Thank you.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 28, 2011
                              This is easy to treat with Traditional Chinese Medicine.
                              For a do-it-yourself approach:
                              Get peppermint essential oil. Any cold or cooling oil will do, but
                              peppermint is the best. Put it on the following points. Google them to
                              find the locations.
                              Pericardium 6, Large Intestine 4 and 11. San Jaio 5. Ren 17 and 12.
                              Stomach 25, 36 and 44. Especially Stomach 44. Gall Bladder 34. Liver
                              3 if there are emotional issues.
                              Avoid greasy, spicy, phlegmy foods.

                              On 11/27/2011 10:53 PM, D P wrote:
                              > Hello,
                              >
                              > I have heard that vinegar is good for GERD and also taking some sauerkraut morning and evening can help that and ulcers........any thoughts or knowledge from this group would be
                              > helpful.
                              > Thank you.

                            • D P
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 1 2:10 PM
                                 Cynthia,

                                  Thanks for the info on GERD.  What digestive enzymes are there available to take before eating and what does the HTC stand for that you take after a meal?>

                                  Thanks for all the information everyone contributed.

                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 2 3:38 AM
                                  D.P.

                                  What I take is Quantum-Rx Digest, which is a full spectrum digestive supplement for fats, carbohydrates, proteins, and dairy. The Quantum HCL is a beet driven hydrochloric acid, digestive and detox supplement. The items are from Premier Research Labs, by Dr. Bob Marshall.

                                  Hope this helps,

                                  Cynthia

                                  D.P. wrote:

                                  Cynthia,

                                  Thanks for the info on GERD. What digestive enzymes are there available to take before eating and what does the HTC stand for that you take after a meal?>

                                  Thanks for all the information everyone contributed.

                                • gemni romantic
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 2 7:58 PM
                                    hi, ssme ocupresher at hands and feet. breaathing excercises like breth of fire. wwwill work wonders. from yadvinder pal (india).

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 3 11:12 AM
                                      ph strips( very cheap) will tell you whether your mouth is acidic or that your urine is acidic and this tells you that you need
                                      to eat more alkaline foods. Or less than you are eating or eat more slowly.
                                      David