dry eyes

  • JudyF
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2011
      I've been having trouble with really bad dry eyes. I've been seeing my eye doctor for the last 4 wks. who gave a RX for Restasis & Lotamx. Couldn't take the Restasis, burned like acid. He also said to use a over the counter onitment at night and otc drops during the day. My eyes are still so dry having trouble seeing. Does anyone know of a home rememdy? any suggestions would be great.
    • Mercurius Trismegistus
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2011
        Sounds like a liver yin deficiency.

        On 4/29/2011 10:33 AM, JudyF wrote:
        > I've been having trouble with really bad dry eyes. I've been seeing my eye doctor for the last 4 wks. who gave a RX for Restasis& Lotamx. Couldn't take the Restasis, burned like acid. He also said to use a over the counter onitment at night and otc drops during the day. My eyes are still so dry having trouble seeing. Does anyone know of a home rememdy? any suggestions would be great.
        >

        > ------------------------------------

        > Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
        >
        > HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for many ailments at:
        >
        > http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm

      • Terry Eisenstadt
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2011
          There are eye drops called Can-C you order over the internet and you use them several times a day for eye health.  Also, Billberry extract is very helpful and increase your omega 3's.  If you want to buy from a pharmacy there are lubricating eye drops--use them all day long and by the end of the day your eyes will feel better.  If you are uncomfortable and you are  without drops squeeze your eyes tightly closed and this causes your eyes to make more solution.

          Change Your Water and Change Your Life
          Product: www.kangendemo.com
          www.youtube.com/mj2pj (Japanese TV News Clips of Kangen Water® in Hospitals)

          I've been having trouble with really bad dry eyes. I've been seeing my eye doctor for the last 4 wks. who gave a RX for Restasis & Lotamx. Couldn't take the Restasis, burned like acid. He also said to use a over the counter onitment at night and otc drops during the day. My eyes are still so dry having trouble seeing. Does anyone know of a home rememdy? any suggestions would be great.

        • Christopher
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30, 2011
            Try getting a zero water pitcher and drink this filtered water. The zerowater hydrates you faster than tap. I know, after drinking from this pitcher for the first time I had plenty of tears.

            Have a good day,

            Christopher

            --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "JudyF" <jlbfitts@...> wrote:

            > I've been having trouble with really bad dry eyes. I've been seeing my eye doctor for the last 4 wks. who gave a RX for Restasis & Lotamx. Couldn't take the Restasis, burned like acid. He also said to use a over the counter onitment at night and otc drops during the day. My eyes are still so dry having trouble seeing. Does anyone know of a home rememdy? any suggestions would be great.

          • Cynthia
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2011
              Judy,

              I asked this very same question a couple of weeks ago. I have a condition where I make very few tears and its very uncomfortable. I use Restasis three times a day and if you can possibly stand them for a while it does get better. I am no longer using the Lotemax. I have tried almost every OTC drop on the market and have found that for me GenTeal drops for the day and the Gel for evenings works great.

              Here are some tips that my Dr suggested and they do offer comfort. If you are in a room with blowing heat/air/or circulating fan, protect your eyes with glasses. At night use the eye gel and sleep with a mask. We do not keep our eyes completely closed during sleep and the mask helps maintain the moisture from the gel. I also use a humidifier at night. I take massive doses of Omega 3’s, drink tons of filtered water and keep my eyes protected at all times. All of this helps greatly. I hope you will find what works for you.

              Abundant Blessings,

              Cynthia

            • sliepkanj@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2011
                what is a zero water pitcher? Where can you buy it?