RE: shingles/baking soda

  • Garner Barbara
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010
      I've been following the messages about warm water "shampooing" and
      decided to try baking soda to wash my hair and rinsing with 1/4 cup
      cider vinegar in water. My hair feels cleaner, thicker and my scalp
      doesn't itch as much as it did, and since I don't wash my hair every
      day it doesn't look "needy". While in the shower finishing my shampoo
      I looked at the baking soda jar and remembered when my son was a baby
      and had painful skin problems. Part of what the doctor recommended
      was to bath him in a tub with a baking soda solution in the water. It
      worked. Since my shingles have been extra painful lately I decided to
      try baking soda on my washrag. It gave me instant relief from the
      skin/nerve pain and where my rag wouldn't reach on my back is still
      bothering me the next morning. The part I could easily reach is still
      soothed. I've passed this information on to two women I know that
      have fibromyalgia and hope it helps them as well. I finished my bath
      using baking soda as "soap" and am very pleased.

      Just thought I'd pass this on.

      Barbara
    • shu_jackie
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
        Thanks for sharing! do you use warm water? or does it matter? Someone in my family is experience the same condition. Thanks so much.

        --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, Garner Barbara <bvg313@...> wrote:

        > I've been following the messages about warm water "shampooing" and
        > decided to try baking soda to wash my hair and rinsing with 1/4 cup
        > cider vinegar in water. My hair feels cleaner, thicker and my scalp
        > doesn't itch as much as it did, and since I don't wash my hair every
        > day it doesn't look "needy". While in the shower finishing my shampoo
        > I looked at the baking soda jar and remembered when my son was a baby
        > and had painful skin problems. Part of what the doctor recommended
        > was to bath him in a tub with a baking soda solution in the water. It
        > worked. Since my shingles have been extra painful lately I decided to
        > try baking soda on my washrag. It gave me instant relief from the
        > skin/nerve pain and where my rag wouldn't reach on my back is still
        > bothering me the next morning. The part I could easily reach is still
        > soothed. I've passed this information on to two women I know that
        > have fibromyalgia and hope it helps them as well. I finished my bath
        > using baking soda as "soap" and am very pleased.
        >
        > Just thought I'd pass this on.
        >
        > Barbara

      • Mercurius Trismegistus
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
          For shingles, use Suan Zao Ren Tang. It's a chinese herbal patent formula.
          It'll be gone in a day.

          > I've been following the messages about warm water "shampooing" and
          > decided to try baking soda to wash my hair and rinsing with 1/4 cup
          > cider vinegar in water. My hair feels cleaner, thicker and my scalp
          > doesn't itch as much as it did, and since I don't wash my hair every
          > day it doesn't look "needy". While in the shower finishing my shampoo
          > I looked at the baking soda jar and remembered when my son was a baby
          > and had painful skin problems. Part of what the doctor recommended
          > was to bath him in a tub with a baking soda solution in the water. It
          > worked. Since my shingles have been extra painful lately I decided to
          > try baking soda on my washrag. It gave me instant relief from the
          > skin/nerve pain and where my rag wouldn't reach on my back is still
          > bothering me the next morning. The part I could easily reach is still
          > soothed. I've passed this information on to two women I know that
          > have fibromyalgia and hope it helps them as well. I finished my bath
          > using baking soda as "soap" and am very pleased.
          >
          > Just thought I'd pass this on.
          >
          > Barbara
          >

          > ------------------------------------

          > Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-
          >
          > HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for
          > many ailments at:
          >
          > http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm

          > Links

        • lightspirals
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 6, 2010
            This is very nice for soothing symptoms. It is also important to address the cause of the shingles, which can be done well with acupuncture or homeopathy.
            Liz :)

            --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, Garner Barbara <bvg313@...> wrote:

            > I've been following the messages about warm water "shampooing" and
            > decided to try baking soda to wash my hair and rinsing with 1/4 cup
            > cider vinegar in water. My hair feels cleaner, thicker and my scalp
            > doesn't itch as much as it did, and since I don't wash my hair every
            > day it doesn't look "needy". While in the shower finishing my shampoo
            > I looked at the baking soda jar and remembered when my son was a baby
            > and had painful skin problems. Part of what the doctor recommended
            > was to bath him in a tub with a baking soda solution in the water. It
            > worked. Since my shingles have been extra painful lately I decided to
            > try baking soda on my washrag. It gave me instant relief from the
            > skin/nerve pain and where my rag wouldn't reach on my back is still
            > bothering me the next morning. The part I could easily reach is still
            > soothed. I've passed this information on to two women I know that
            > have fibromyalgia and hope it helps them as well. I finished my bath
            > using baking soda as "soap" and am very pleased.
            >
            > Just thought I'd pass this on.
            >
            > Barbara

          • Jackie Wimberly
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 6, 2010
              Hi! I've had a rash in my inner thigh/crotch area since July.
              I'm female. I've been using/trying peroxide/tea-tree,Lamisal, cornstarch...etc.
              It's NOT going away. Starts to look a little better...then comes right back
              again! Any suggestions!
              Thanks!

              ________________________________

              MARKETPLACE
              Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

              ________________________________

              Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new
              interests.

              .

            • Garner Barbara
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
                Thanks for sharing! do you use warm water? or does it matter? Someone
                in my family is experience the same condition. Thanks so much.

                I use warm water. I also used the baking soda on a washrag and ran it
                over my face (gently) and it was like a good scrub or mask. Nice feel
                to my skin. I'm a committed fan of baking soda.

                Barbara

              • Count Dracula
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 8, 2010
                  There are many kinds/types of baking soda. Can u guys tell me which one precisely?

                  Regards,

                  Referral Program - 20% Earnings FOR LIFE

                  For shingles, use Suan Zao Ren Tang. It's a chinese herbal patent formula.

                  It'll be gone in a day.

                  > I've been following the messages about warm water "shampooing" and

                  > decided to try baking soda to wash my hair and rinsing with 1/4 cup

                  > cider vinegar in water. My hair feels cleaner, thicker and my scalp

                  > doesn't itch as much as it did, and since I don't wash my hair every

                  > day it doesn't look "needy". While in the shower finishing my shampoo

                  > I looked at the baking soda jar and remembered when my son was a baby

                  > and had painful skin problems. Part of what the doctor recommended

                  > was to bath him in a tub with a baking soda solution in the water. It

                  > worked. Since my shingles have been extra painful lately I decided to

                  > try baking soda on my washrag. It gave me instant relief from the

                  > skin/nerve pain and where my rag wouldn't reach on my back is still

                  > bothering me the next morning. The part I could easily reach is still

                  > soothed. I've passed this information on to two women I know that

                  > have fibromyalgia and hope it helps them as well. I finished my bath

                  > using baking soda as "soap" and am very pleased.

                  > Just thought I'd pass this on.

                  > Barbara

                  > ------------------------------------

                  > Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-

                  > HEALING NATURALLY- Learn preventative and curative measure to take for

                  > many ailments at:

                  > http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm

                  > -To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address

                  > in an email to them:

                  > Links

                • Garner Barbara
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 10, 2010
                    I buy my baking soda in bulk from a local organic health food
                    distributor.

                    Barbara
                  • quinn bennett
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 10, 2010
                      Try using melaleuca, and/ or eucalyptus with a carrier oil like coconut or grape
                      seed oil.

                      Great info on essential oils and herbs.
                      http://eofy.blogspot.com/

                      Quinn

                      ________________________________
                      I buy my baking soda in bulk from a local organic health food
                      distributor.

                      Barbara

                    • cmc
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 27, 2010
                        rash may be Lyme's Disease...check it out

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 28, 2010
                          Thanks.....I'll check .
                          Jackie

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 30, 2010
                            I see that baking soda is good for everything. I have noticed some bath salt solutions for pain
                            contains baking soda. I think I'll try and make a tub powder for pain. Good idea.

                            ===
                            Posted through Grouply
                            Create your own group!
                            www.grouply.com