Alternative to Blood Pressure Medication

  • izabel5740
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2010
      I have been on 7 different types of blood pressure medication with-in the last 2 years. I have a problem with all of them.
      I will be going to my heart doctor tomorrow and would like to know if any one has any suggestions on an alternative which I can discuss with him? I would like to get off of these drugs and try something else.

      Thank-you
    • Rajkumar Agarwal
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2010
        Would you please name the medicines with their composition? What is ur body built, Lean/ Obese/ Medium?
        Thanks
        --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "izabel5740" <izabel5740@...> wrote:

        > I have been on 7 different types of blood pressure medication with-in the last 2 years. I have a problem with all of them.
        > I will be going to my heart doctor tomorrow and would like to know if any one has any suggestions on an alternative which I can discuss with him? I would like to get off of these drugs and try something else.
        >
        > Thank-you

      • Devil Tas
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2010
          I guess the first questions I would have is:
          Are you a smoker?
          Are you over-weight?
          Is there and inheritance factor involved in the high blood pressure?

          I was having some issues with my blood pressure fluctuating a little but now
          it is back to normal since I have lost about 1/2 my body weight in a weight
          loss program. I look and feel terrific and am now off ALL medications. So
          I guess I would suggest that you take a good look at your current life-style
          and see if there are any factors there than can be changed and if so do
          them! If not then seek other help, holistic Dr, naturopath, homeopathy,or
          maybe even a conventional Dr ( shudder) to get a definitive answer to the
          causes for the high blood pressure, don't just use medication to cover up
          the symptoms.

          cheers
          Lyndall

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2010
            Do deep breathing ANULOM VILOM Pranayam(google if u want) and take ayurvdic MUKTAVATI Tabs. don't be in hurry to discard convential med
            Peace

            I AM THAT
            HARI

            Would you please name the medicines with their composition? What is ur body built, Lean/ Obese/ Medium?
            Thanks
            --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "izabel5740" <izabel5740@...> wrote:

            > I have been on 7 different types of blood pressure medication with-in the last 2 years. I have a problem with all of them.
            > I will be going to my heart doctor tomorrow and would like to know if any one has any suggestions on an alternative which I can discuss with him? I would like to get off of these drugs and try something else.
            >
            > Thank-you

          • Vivek B.
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2010
              Try Sarpagandha (in Sanskrit) or Rauvolfia Serpentina (Latin name) in
              Homeopathic liquid (20 drops in half a cup of water morning and evening) or as
              Ayurvedic powder. Allopathic drugs regulate the spikes. This cures. It also
              cures cholesterol.
              Vivek

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2010
                if u want u may discuss with me. i am not taking any BP med since last 5 years

                I AM THAT
                HARI

                I have been on 7 different types of blood pressure medication with-in the last 2 years. I have a problem with all of them.
                I will be going to my heart doctor tomorrow and would like to know if any one has any suggestions on an alternative which I can discuss with him? I would like to get off of these drugs and try something else.

                Thank-you

              • vipan
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 10, 2010
                  B.P. is caused by either problem with the heart or with arteries.
                  your doctor can tell you the cause.. beast way is reduse your weight if you are overweight, 30 minutes walk every day. and 200ML. fresh Beetroot juice everyday . In a week you'll notice the difference .

                  Best of luck.

                  Vipan

                  --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "Vivek B." <shreeom@...> wrote:

                  > Try Sarpagandha (in Sanskrit) or Rauvolfia Serpentina (Latin name) in
                  > Homeopathic liquid (20 drops in half a cup of water morning and evening) or as
                  > Ayurvedic powder. Allopathic drugs regulate the spikes. This cures. It also
                  > cures cholesterol.
                  > Vivek
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • quinn bennett
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 11, 2010
                    Lavender essential oil is said to lower blood pressure.

                    http://eofy.blogspot.com/

                    Quinn

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 12, 2010
                      Unripe Guava fruits are smashed with a wooden hammer and is put in a glass
                      of water in the evening. Drink this water early in the next morning. This is
                      a very good home remedy used in South India. It works!
                      Start walking. Start with half Kilometre and gradually increase to 4
                      kilometers. Do not give strain to the body with brisk walking. You can
                      gradually increase the walking speed. This is the best medicine for Blood
                      Pressure.
                      P.J.