Attitude /Self

  • sari a
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 25, 2010
      I feel like I don't belong . Like at my job, my home, I really have NO friends that I would call them that. I don't know why I feel this way. Has anyone felt this way ? What did you do???
    • Baxterhill -Texas Hill Country
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 25, 2010
        If you have a home, a job, you are blessed.
        So many friends are looking for work, and some are losing their homes, or 20 to
        30 year equities to short sales.

        Talking about how you are feeling is good.
        Sometimes when I feel empty inside, I go in my thoughts to when I was the
        happiest ever. Or I think about funny times.
        I find someone to call on the phone and ask how they are doing.

        I have the cutest little 5 pound rescue dog that snuggles up to me and makes me
        feel sooooo loved. Now THAT is a good little friend.

        I go out in to the yard and watch the chickens. They always cheer me up.
        The roosters try with all of their might to "out crow" each other.I have 4
        roosters.

        One of the silkies kept attacking me. So, I let him out to hang out with my 2
        larger more aggressive roosters.
        They KIKKED his butt!
        Silkies are 1/2 the size of a Rhode Island Red rooster. This guy, his name is
        "Q-tip" got his butt back into the Silkie house and hid ! He does not try to
        attack me anymore.

        As for friends, I find that most of us really only have a couple of true
        friends.

        I hope my sharing some thought with you might lift your spirits.
        Smiles, Marylin

        ________________________________
        I feel like I don't belong . Like at my job, my home, I really have NO friends
        that I would call them that. I don't know why I feel this way. Has anyone felt
        this way ? What did you do???

      • mulchandani harry
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 26, 2010
          Dear Sari,
          just reorient yoursef to spiritualism

          I AM THAT
          HARI

        • SomaticDakini@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 26, 2010
            Hi Sari,

            On the writing page of my website (address below), is an article "Beyond Emotional Intensity Into Ease and Flow." The article has a technique you can use to address the feelings of not belonging. It is what I use whenever I have beliefs or emotions that I wish to resolve, or when I find myself in the same difficult situations, repeating the same unfulfilling patterns. I have found the technique to work very well and often very quickly.

            Linda

            Linda White Dove, M. Ed. Awakening Facilitator
            http://www.lindawhitedove.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 27, 2010
              Sari You need to find your self and built a relationship with God
              Get involved in neighborhood activities and clubs and create quiet time for the
              inner you
              Burn candle I've experienced it, it can change your mood.
              Shirley Anne

              ________________________________
              I feel like I don't belong . Like at my job, my home, I really have NO friends
              that I would call them that. I don't know why I feel this way. Has anyone felt
              this way ? What did you do???

            • david kenna
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 27, 2010
                Does the condition vary? Has there ever been anyone you can get close to?How do you know you don't belong? What would belonging mean to you?Would you like to belong? what happens before you get the feeling I don't belong?Are you interested in sports,leisure,or hobbies of any kind? Do you exercise?You may be deficient in nutrients, vitamins and minerals?David
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 28, 2010
                  --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, david kenna <davidjohnkenna@...> wrote:

                  > Does the condition vary? Has there ever been anyone you can get close to?How do you know you don't belong? What would belonging mean to you?Would you like to belong? what happens before you get the feeling I don't belong?Are you interested in sports,leisure,or hobbies of any kind? Do you exercise?You may be deficient in nutrients, vitamins and minerals?David

                  Thank you for resonding, belonging means I am usually not included at work. I often eat lunch by myself. Meetings or important things I am the last to know. I have tried to "fit in" however I feel rejected most of the time. or I feel used. I did take up a class , but the class was so small it was just a one time thing. Where I live is not much happening. I live in a town that has much of nothing. If I were to take up an exercise class, it would take me about 30mins to get there. It would have to be after work and after I cook for my family.(kid). Sorry to bother you with my lonelyness. I do help people because it is my job, but that is it. I am tired. and sad
                • sari a
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 29, 2010
                    Thank YOU --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, Nia Von Toth <nia113@...> wrote:

                    > Here's a story that may cheer you up since this person was able to reach out and
                    > be compassionate...
                    >
                    > One day, my one-and-a-half year old daughter, Marli, and I were at a café when
                    > she had a very public meltdown. Before that happened, I got a coffee and then we
                    > sat down to share some blueberries that I brought for snack time. When it was
                    > time to leave, Marli wanted to hold the bag of blueberries and I let her.
                    > Unfortunately, before we made it out the door of the crowded café the
                    > blueberries spilled all over the floor. People turned to look.
                    > Marli and I cleaned-up the blueberries together and put them back in their bag.
                    > She wanted to reach back into the bag, grab the blueberries and continue eating
                    > them. I explained that the floor was very dirty. I’m not too nervous about
                    > immune building germs, but that floor was so dirty that I’m pretty sure it was
                    > originally white and not black.
                    > “These aren’t good for eating now, baby. We need to throw them away.” Rather
                    > than throwing the blueberries away, Marli threw herself on the floor, rolled in
                    > the thick disgustingness and cried. Activity in the café stopped and all eyes
                    > were on us. I felt a little embarrassed, but I did not take it out on her. I
                    > didn’t allow my embarrassment or fear of judgment take over. Instead, I tried to
                    > empathize with her big, overwhelming feelings instead.
                    > I didn’t tell Marli to stop having her feelings or to “behave.” I know that I’m
                    > certainly not capable of accessing my higher, rational brain when I’m flooded,
                    > so I don’t expect that from my child.
                    > I’ve learned that she is soothed by sound, so I used my voice. I knelt down and
                    > I said, “I know, this is hard. You’re sad because you were really enjoying the
                    > blueberries. You must be really sad.” Marli recovered quickly, otherwise I may
                    > have moved outside out of respect for the other customers.
                    >
                    > If you're interested in more people who are compassionate in this way, google "
                    > dr. marshall rosenberg and non violent communication". It's a wonderful way for
                    > people to engage in conversations with one another leaving everyone feeling so
                    > much better...
                    >
                    > ________________________________

                  • david kenna
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 29, 2010
                      Shirley,Do you think you learned "not to fit in"would you like to fit in?May I draw your attention to the fact that some of the greatestinfluences on humanity came through people who were"outsiders". Most artists are outsiders.The difference is many have learned the "role" of how tofit in.The roles we as human beings play are learned and actedout. Which is how Shakespeare came to sayAll the world's a stage, and all the men and womenmerely players, each man in his time plays many parts..now did you decide you wanted to play the role ofsomeone who doesn't fit in?Or did it happen by chance?what would someone have to learn in order to playyour role?Most people take it for granted that they fit it.Like it was something they planned?They didn't. Someone had to teach themhow to respond, how to behave, how to speakproperly, how to talk to people, how to get whatyou want? and after all that learning and a lotmore besides the person decided I can getalong with
                      others.Now I don't know your personal story>but I do know its in the past. and your futureis ahead of you...and the question yo might liketo consider is " how do I want my future  tolook like" what do I have to do to make thedream of a better future a reality?If you can agree that its a possibility thatyou can learn to play the role...beginimmediately...start making plans...now.make the rest of your life a happy life.David

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 29, 2010
                        Hi Sari
                        If that's the case think that you don't need them either what kind of activities
                        do you
                        enjoy? Try lots of week-end outing with your family and trust me it doesn't have
                        to be expensive
                        been there done that. I started collecting antiques figurines I enjoy going to
                        flea markets, and doing out door
                        activities, I also love to plant. sometimes I will invite one or two family
                        member to come and
                        help me re-pot my plants. Be creative think of something you can do it.