Blood Pressure

  • Colby
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 7, 2007
      I take the minimal dosage of altace for high blood pressure, but
      lately, my bp seems to be high anyway. I do yoga everyday. Aside from taking more drugs, what can I do to
      lower it?
    • divya4753
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 7, 2007
        Hi Colby,
        Yoga should work on high BP in most people. It depends on the type
        of yoga you are doing. Check with a yoga teacher who knows yoga
        theraputics about which asanas will help and how to do them correctly
        for high BP. The pace needs to be slow and easy.
        Try some gentile yoga....the kind that they teach at IYI and other
        such places. And try yoga classes in yoga institutes and not at spas
        or clubs. Do your asanas slowly and rest after each one.
        Deep relaxation is important too to counter the stress.
        Pranayama is also important to lower BP. Actually it is more
        important than your asanas. Try:
        3 part deep breathing,
        skull shining breath
        and alternate nostril breathing.
        Try doing meditation after this. Find a visualization to relax and
        lower BP such as ocean waves or the color of deep or royal blue.
        You might want to look at Dr. Dean Ornish's book, Reversing
        Heart Disease. High BP is not heart disease but the principles are the
        same. And he is an old yogi so his suggestions will work well with
        your yoga, exercise and diet.

        Other than yoga, try acupuncture to lower BP. It is known to work
        for this.

        Massage is good too. I like shiatsu.
        Or baths to relax as with salts esp. dead sea salts to help with the
        minerals in the body.
        If the minerals are off, take some minerals or Trace-lyte or coral
        calcium.
        And try aromatherapy and/or a Back Flower selection.
        Start with Rescue Remedy, 4 drops in a glass of water. Sip it
        throughout the day,place on heart center and wrists and in your bath.
        Magnets, as in Nikken, or tachion beads will help to balance the body
        throughout the day.
        Large amounts of Vitamin C is good. So are B complex and Ca./Mg.
        When I am stressed, I take vibuthi. You can get some at any Sai
        Baba Center. You can also put some in pure (cold pressed) olive oil
        and massage into the body from the neck down.
        Above the neck do the same with almond oil. It's an old yogi trick
        and it works.
        Namaste,
        David

        In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "Colby" <cbhardison@...> wrote:

        > I take the minimal dosage of altace for high blood pressure, but
        > lately, my bp seems to be high anyway. I do yoga everyday. Aside
        from taking more drugs, what can I do to
        > lower it?

      • AMIT P
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 7, 2007
          Can u tell me what u do yoga?

          Colby <cbhardison@...> wrote:
          I take the minimal dosage of altace for high blood pressure, but
          lately, my bp seems to be high anyway. I do yoga everyday. Aside from taking more drugs, what can I do to
          lower it?

        • pjb12345uk
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 8, 2007
            ---colonics have been shown to reduce blood pressure
            and remove a lot of rubbish from inside of you

            a good detox now and again has been shown the way to go
            for a lot of people
            phill
            phill In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "Colby" <cbhardison@...>
            wrote:

            > I take the minimal dosage of altace for high blood pressure, but
            > lately, my bp seems to be high anyway. I do yoga everyday. Aside
            from taking more drugs, what can I do to
            > lower it?

          • Colby
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 8, 2007
              I started when YogaZone was still coming on the Lime network, and bought some tapes when it was taken off. I think the yoga they do on there is called ISHTA yoga.

              "We are each but one turd in the septic system of life."

              Colby Hardison

            • mulchandani harry
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 9, 2007
                yes,you may do deep breathing 'ANULOM VILOM'. It has benefitted me. For the technique get thro' google

                pjb12345uk <pho@...> wrote: ---colonics have been shown to reduce blood pressure

                wrote:

                > I take the minimal dosage of altace for high blood pressure, but
                > lately, my bp seems to be high anyway. I do yoga everyday. Aside
                from taking more drugs, what can I do to
                > lower it?

                I AM THAT,
                HARI
                HARI OM

                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 9, 2007
                  For the HBP try kidney herbs, One is Dandelion leaf. Do the root of
                  Dandelion too for the liver. To bring down fast use Bugleweed. Take Hawthorn whole
                  plant, leaves, twigs and berries every day, 3- 4 times a day. The tea works
                  well. Other herbs for HBP are lime flower (Tillia). and Motherwort. Golden Seal
                  will also bring down HBP as well as heal any kidney/bladder infection.
                  Kidney problems often cause HPB.
                  Peace, Thyme

                • Lauren
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 9, 2007
                    May I say... Find an alternative to the drugs, because in 5-10 years,
                    you'll have alot more to worry about than just your blood pressure.
                    Find a natural way of healing. Changing your diet, exercising more, see
                    a holistic nutritionist, considering everyone's body works in a
                    different way

                    --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "pjb12345uk" <pho@...> wrote:

                    > ---colonics have been shown to reduce blood pressure
                    > and remove a lot of rubbish from inside of you
                    >
                    > a good detox now and again has been shown the way to go
                    > for a lot of people
                    > phill
                    > phill In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "Colby" <cbhardison@>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I take the minimal dosage of altace for high blood pressure, but
                    > > lately, my bp seems to be high anyway. I do yoga everyday. Aside
                    > from taking more drugs, what can I do to
                    > > lower it?

                  • chaitanya mehra
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 10, 2007
                      you may take garlic cloves daily on an empty stomach if u have a cold
                      tendency or drink 30ml alovera juice daily on an empty stomach.limit your
                      salt intake

                      >From: mulchandani harry <mulchandani_24@...>
                      >To: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [AlternativeAnswers] Re: Blood Pressure
                      >Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 01:34:27 -0800 (PST)
                      >
                      >yes,you may do deep breathing 'ANULOM VILOM'. It has benefitted me. For the
                      >technique get thro' google
                      >
                      >pjb12345uk <pho@...> wrote: ---colonics have been shown
                      >to reduce blood pressure
                      >and remove a lot of rubbish from inside of you
                      >
                      >a good detox now and again has been shown the way to go
                      >for a lot of people
                      >phill
                      >phill In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, "Colby" <cbhardison@...>
                      >wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I take the minimal dosage of altace for high blood pressure, but
                      > > lately, my bp seems to be high anyway. I do yoga everyday. Aside
                      >from taking more drugs, what can I do to
                      > > lower it?
                      > >

                      >I AM THAT,
                      > HARI
                      > HARI OM

                      Tried the new MSN Messenger? It�s cool! Download now.
                      http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in
                    • Ingrid
                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 10, 2007
                        My husband's blood pressure was too high... he changed
                        to a healthy diet (vegetables, fruits, whole grain,
                        some fish, seaweed...), more exercise and walking and
                        soon he was fine... without any drugs.
                        Ingrid

                        --- Lauren <laurenmae199@...> wrote:

                        > May I say... Find an alternative to the drugs,
                        > because in 5-10 years,
                        > you'll have alot more to worry about than just your
                        > blood pressure.
                        > Find a natural way of healing. Changing your diet,
                        > exercising more, see
                        > a holistic nutritionist, considering everyone's body
                        > works in a
                        > different way
                        >
                        > --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com,
                        > "pjb12345uk" <pho@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > ---colonics have been shown to reduce blood
                        > pressure
                        > > and remove a lot of rubbish from inside of you
                        > >
                        > > a good detox now and again has been shown the way
                        > to go
                        > > for a lot of people
                        > > phill
                        > > phill In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com,
                        > "Colby" <cbhardison@>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I take the minimal dosage of altace for high
                        > blood pressure, but
                        > > > lately, my bp seems to be high anyway. I do
                        > yoga everyday. Aside
                        > > from taking more drugs, what can I do to
                        > > > lower it?

                        Never miss an email again!
                      • artemisa mugica
                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 14, 2007
                          Hi: I would like to know the amounts of all of this herbs for High Blood
                          Pressure.

                          THanks, Tammy

                        • RSchl44964@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 15, 2007
                            _http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/_ (http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/)

                            go to Herbal Medicines A-Z for dosage information. Herbal info also. This
                            does not list all the conditions that are helped by each herb but does have most
                            of them. Also has the contra indications.

                          • RSchl44964@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 15, 2007
                              Lime flower,(Tillia) is under Linden in the alphabetical index that I sent
                              previously

                              _http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_hawthorn.htm#hawthorn_how_
                              (http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_hawthorn.htm#hawthorn_how)

                              HOW MUCH TO TAKE
                              Extracts of the leaves and flowers are most commonly used by nutritionally
                              oriented doctors. Hawthorn extracts standardized for total bioflavonoid content
                              (usually 2.2 %) or oligomeric procyanidins (usually 18.75%) are often used.
                              Many people take 80-300 mg of the herbal extract in capsules or tablets two
                              to three times per day or a tincture of 4-5 ml three times daily. If
                              traditional berry preparations are used, the recommendation is at least 4-5 grams per
                              day. Hawthorn may take one to two months for maximum effect and should be
                              considered a long-term therapy.
                              5 ml = 1 teaspoon

                            • Pratham
                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 8, 2007
                                Blood pressure A very common disease with equal distribution worldwide. It is more commonly known as blood pressure In general terms blood pressure is that pressure or tension which blood exerts on its arterial wall while flowing through it. Normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg (systolic /diastolic) accepted worldwide. Term systolic means the pressure in the arteries as the heart contacts and pumps blood into the arteries and diastolic means minimum pressure to which the arteries are exposed. Blood pressure value varies from person to person and from time to time. Blood pressure between 120/80 to 139/89 mmHg is called pre-hypertension stage i.e. the phase where it is not considered a disease but suggests as a risk factor According to ayurveda, hypertension seems to be comparable with raktvata. In this condition, increased pitta affects rakta (blood) in body. Now already abnormal vata carries rakta in whole body thereby making movement of rakta that is in imbalanced
                                and aggravated state, thus causing condition known as raktvata in ayurveda.Symptoms of Hypertension
                                Essential blood pressure or primary blood pressure: it does not present any symptoms and is accidentally discovered during routine check ups.

                                Malignant blood pressure or secondary blood pressure:

                                Feel of burning sensation in body

                                Excessive sweating

                                Eyes becomes red and burning sensations are felt

                                Vertigo ands dizziness (bharam)

                                Pulsatile headache behind the eyes specially behind occurring in morning

                                Visual disturbances are present

                                Nausea and vomiting sensations
                                Over the time if blood pressure is left untreated then it may lead to damage of kidneys, brain and eyes.CAUSES OF HYPERTENSION
                                Obesity
                                High salt intake
                                Sedentary life style
                                Tobacco smoking
                                Increased in saturated fatty diet
                                People who sufferer from diabetes mellitus are at higher risk
                                Occupational causes like noise pollution etc.
                                Genetic cause may also be present
                                Age is another factor that leads to increase in blood pressure as by the elasticity in arteries becomes less hence it leads to raise in blood pressure
                                Stress
                                ADVISE FOR HYPERTENSION
                                Sedentary life style should be avoided
                                Intake of salt should be minimized
                                Morning and evening walk should be included in routine
                                Unwanted stress should be avoided
                                Proper nutritive diet should be taken and unfresh and oily food should be avoided.
                                Non vegetarian diet, ghee, butter, creams should be completely avoided
                                Alcohol and smoking should be stopped immediately.
                                Herbal remedies For Hypertension Treatment
                                Garlic should be taken regularly
                                Ginger mixed with ghee should be taken regularly
                                Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) mixed with black pepper should be take 3grams twice daily with luke warm water
                                Dried Amla mixed with sugar can be taken regularly to avoid hypertension
                                Garlic mixed with honey and milk is very beneficial for people who suffers from high blood pressure
                                Yoga For Hypertension
                                Shava asana
                                Pawanmukta asan
                                Uttanpada asan
                                Santulan asan
                                source: provided by Dr.Shantanu patidar M.DGroup Moderatordimpill_gang@yahoogroups.comWelcome To dimpill's gang! This is the Best Place to Hang around.We Give u the Best in Latest News, Jokes, Funny Pictures,Wallpapers,Latest Buzz and Much More! Connect your World with Us join Now http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dimpill_gang/join Affiliated group from dimpill_gang for Only Adult Mails http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fantazies/join

                              • Rich
                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 9, 2007
                                  I agree with all that you say except alcohol. Alcohol in moderation can
                                  actually relax arterial walls. One to two glasses of red wine for a
                                  man, and one glass for a woman have all proven to be heart healthy. The
                                  combination of alcohol, antioxidants, resveratrol, etc. in red wine are
                                  all good for the heart and coronary system. An alternative would be 8
                                  oz. of pomegranate juice with an ounce of alcohol. For those who will
                                  not drink any alcohol whatsoever then a glass of pomegranate juice a day
                                  will be very beneficial. A study conducted over a six month period
                                  found those with coronary artery disease who drank an 8 oz. glass of
                                  pomegranate juice per day had a significant increase in blood flow while
                                  those who didn't had a decrease in blood flow.

                                  Richard

                                  Moderatordimpill_gang@... To dimpill's gang! This is the Best Place to
                                  Hang around.We Give u the Best in Latest News, Jokes, Funny
                                  Pictures,Wallpapers,Latest Buzz and Much More! Connect your World with
                                  Us join Now http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dimpill_gang/join Affiliated
                                  group from dimpill_gang for Only Adult Mails
                                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fantazies/join

                                • rchilders36
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Mar 24, 2011
                                    Hi group, first time I have had to ask a question...I do enjoy the site,
                                    does anyone have any info on "blood pressure spikes?" Dr. had no
                                    answers except ...as we age things do happen...I normally have good
                                    average bp..but this episode put a bit of "fear" in me...I felt dizzy,
                                    nausea, and numb and felt as if my eyes were rolling around or
                                    crossing...sounds funny but certainly wasn't
                                    Would love to hear from anyone who has any knowledge of this.
                                    Thanks! Rita
                                  • Vivek B.
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Mar 29, 2011
                                      For a complete cure have sarpagandha. In Homeopathy it is called rauvolfia serpentina, 20 drops twice daily in half a cup of water before meals should cure you in some time. Healthy lifestyle, weight control would be good
                                      Vik

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Mar 29, 2011
                                        Vivek, I will certainly try this and I thank you very much and GOD BLESS
                                        YOU!...Rita

                                        ________________________________

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Mar 29, 2011
                                          blood pressure spikes could also be related to food allergies

                                          Olympia Dreszer  odreszer@...

                                          From: rchilders36 <rchilders36@...>

                                          To: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Mar 30, 2011
                                            what dosage for beginners ? does this work for people who normally have high blood pressure ? are there side affects?

                                            thanks,
                                            linda

                                            "Nothing we do matters.What matters is the Presence we hold."
                                            Michael King

                                            To: AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com
                                            From: rchilders36@...
                                            Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:41:15 -0700

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Mar 31, 2011
                                              Allergic Reaction - High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)

                                              Blood pressure is affected by 17 known variables. Smoking, overweight, salt consumption, stress, use of oral contraceptives, exposure to lead and cadmium – these among others factors, are all possible causes of hypertension. To that list we may eventually add allergy.

                                              A few years ago, Lloyd Rosenvold, M.D., of Hope, Idaho, noticed that some of his patients developed high blood pressure from allergy to certain foods. Another doctor, George Fricke, M.D., of Sacramento, California, studied a group of twelve hypertensive people – some with blood pressure as high as 219/140 – in whom elimination of allergic foods brought blood pressure down to normal.

                                              And in a study of food allergy and migraine, Dr. Ellen Gant, a neurologist in London, discovered that when a group of 15 hypertensive people avoided migraine producing foods, their blood pressure also returned to normal (Lancet, May 5, 1979). Surprising findings? Not really. High blood pressure is more than a simple matter of getting too much salt in the diet.

                                              After all, we all know someone who salts his or her food heavily and has normal blood pressure. Whether blood pressure rises or not seems to be a matter of individual sensitivity to many factors, some of which doctors haven't yet identified clearly. Allergy, it seems, is one of those factors, and it's presence could help to explain why certain foods or habits raise blood pressure in some people but not others.
                                              --- In AlternativeAnswers@yahoogroups.com, olympia dreszer <odreszer@...> wrote:

                                              > blood pressure spikes could also be related to food allergies
                                              >
                                              > Olympia Dreszer  odreszer@...

                                            • Vivek B.
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Apr 4, 2011
                                                15 drops once a day. Side effects are when the herb sarpagandha is broken up into parts by drug companies for the purpose of patenting them and making it into a commercial venture. This herb should be had whole and it cures over time, is what I've heard
                                                Vik

                                                From: rchilders36@...
                                                Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:41:15 -0700