Making and Keeping New Year's Resolutions

  • yogiguruji
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 25, 2006
      Good Morning!

      Making and Keeping New Year's Resolutions

      The New Year brings the opportunity for a new beginning. Although, we
      are lucky enough to be able to start a new, each day, some people
      need the turn of a New Year to find the motivation to do so.

      The Top 10 Most Common New Year Resolutions include:

      1. Lose weight
      2. Stop smoking
      3. Stick to a budget
      4. Save or earn more money
      5. Find a better job
      6. Become more organized
      7. Exercise more
      8. Be more patient at work/with others
      9. Eat better
      10. Become a better person

      Choosing a New Year's resolution is usually the easy part. Committing
      to your choice is another story. By the end of the second or third
      week, some of us even forget what our goal was! Here are ten ways to
      see your resolution through and achieve your goal:

      1. Choose a resolution that is realistic.
      2. Take your choice and follow it through on a day to day basis.
      3. Reward yourself in two week or one month increments.
      4. Keep a journal of your progress.
      5. Get others involved or find like people working toward the same
      goal.
      6. Keep motivated with a calendar, friends, diary, partner.
      7. Be patient!
      8. Be grateful that you have the opportunity to do this.
      9. Find the fine line between motivation and obsession.
      10. Make your goal a lifestyle change, not just a means to an end.

      Making major changes in our lives is never easy. Especially when it
      is a habit or an addiction that we have had for many years. Use every
      resource available to achieve your goal. Laziness and complacency are
      the biggest culprits, when it comes to achieving a resolution or
      goal. Stay focused, Stay motivated, Stay happy.

      Andrew Pacholyk, MS, L.Ac.
      Peacefulmind.com
      Therapies for healing
      mind, body, spirit
    • rohit_rk
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 30, 2006
        hi

        Andrew

        idea is good. i alredy quit smoking around 3yrs ago. and gutkha too
        last month. now regular exercise is in my list. but not starting form
        last few month....
        all of this thing is in pipeline .but not start yet. how it will
        start dont' konw
        > 1. Lose weight

        > 3. Stick to a budget
        > 4. Save or earn more money
        > 5. Find a better job
        > 6. Become more organized
        > 7. Exercise more
        > 8. Be more patient at work/with others
        > 9. Eat better
        > 10. Become a better person

        i read all all of ur suggestion, and right u back bye
      • yogiguruji

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 28, 2008
            Good Morning!

[...]

            http://www.peacefulmind.com/main.htm
            Therapies for healing
            mind, body, spirit
          • cookiegramma wendy
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
              Last year I resolved to get rid of clutter in my home, so everyday I would throw away or give away one thing. My home is less full today, but I am almost ashamed to say I have extended my resolution for another year. We still have too much 'baggage'. It is so freeing to get rid of so many items. And many of those items that were useless to us are now in other peoples' homes being used again. Look into Freecycle if you have things you need to give away.

              cookiegramma

              Good Morning!

              Making and Keeping New Year's Resolutions

              The New Year brings the opportunity for a new beginning. Although, we
              are lucky enough to be able to start a new, each day, some people
              need the turn of a New Year to find the motivation to do so.

              The Top 10 Most Common New Year Resolutions include:

              .

            • yogiguruji