Fwd: [Phi Theta Kappa] the Branch Brook Park Beatification project on August 14th 2009, at Branch Brook Park in Newark New Jersey

  • ashraf amadou
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2009

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Joseph Eulo <josepheulo@...>
      Date: Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM
      Subject: [Phi Theta Kappa] the Branch Brook Park Beatification project on August 14th 2009, at Branch Brook Park in Newark New Jersey
      To: ashrafamadou@...

      Hi Phi theta kappan

      Alpha Theta Theta chapter of Essex County College would like to invite you to join them for the Branch Brook Park Beatification project on August 14th 2009, at Branch Brook Park in Newark New Jersey. Meeting time is 9:00 AM at the Cherry Blossom Welcome Center within the park.

      The Branch Brook Park Beatification project will begin promptly at 9:30AM participants will be picking up litter, cleaning water ways, mulching, and removing graffiti. All necessary tools will be provided by the park! The clean-up will last from 9:30AM to 1:00pm,

      To sign-up to participate click  http://www.phithetakappanj.org/Essex  and fill out and submit the form!

      Afterwards you are invited to share pizza and join in on a discussion about the impact of the project as it relates to the Paradox of Affluence. We’ll discuss how the “Broken Windows Theory” allows us to examine the consequences of our actions, and the relationship between community and environment. Don’t forget to bring you cameras so we can document the day and share it with everyone!

      The park is shared by two towns: Newark and Belleville.  We will be meeting at the Cherry Blossom Welcome Center (a section in the park). Please feel free to contact Amadou, the President of the chapter at 201-790-6377 and ashrafamadou@...   or Karen, the V.P. of Service at keov@...  with any further questions or concerns.

      Lets come together and support Alpha Theta Theta, Alone we can make an Impact but together we can make a Difference!

      --
      Asharf Amadou
      President