893Newark Homeless Initiaitve Seeks Volunteers/ Food, Clothing and Toy Donations

  • shennellbarnes
    Dec 15, 2009
      Hello!!

      Through Future Eyes, a volunteer group, focused on creating awareness and change for the homeless and impoverished in New Jersey, would like to invite you to participate in our Third Annual Homeless Donation Drive/ Initiative. Over the years we have serviced 800+ homeless persons, this year we want to do that and more!

      The homeless donation drive will take place on Saturday, December 19, 2009 at the Newark Cultural WISOMMM Center located on 15 James St. Newark, New Jersey. The event hours will be from 9am, to 2pm. During this time, the needy will be present and will "shop" through the donated clothing, receive care packages of toiletries and food bundles. Children will also be given donated new toys for the holidays and information will be provided from organizations across Newark, NJ.

      We are very enthusiastic about possibly joining forces with you.

      Having you participate in any way you can will help us with our goal to bridge the gap between the haves and the have not's. It will be a testament that people do care and people want to help and give something to help those far less fortunate in our communities. This event is the first step toward awareness and action for change.

      If you are interested in collaborating, volunteering and/or donating food, clothing or toys to this initiative please do not hesitate to reach out to Shennell Barnes, throughfutureeyes@ gmail.com , 201-306-7511.

      Through Future Eyes, Executive Director
      Shennell Barnes