Re: [AlmonteARC] Batteries

  • Keith Burrow
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 16, 2013
      LOL
      That is funny. The batteries I bought at Walmart were the exact same brand as Best Buy was selling for almost 3 dollars more. Both were Philips brand if I remember. I was't aware that Walmart was a "dirty word" in radio land. Anyway when it comes to saving money, color me blue. LOL
      73 and good hunting

      Sent from Keith Burrow
    • Greg Speakman
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 17, 2013
        I bought cordless phone batteries from Walmart and other stores in the past and they really did not last long.  Maybe a year.  I believe the batteries were on the shelf for long periods of time.  Total Battery's stock is always fresh as they have a good turnaround.  The batteries I bought there are on their 3rd year.  I recently bought a battery pack there for my hand held.  The brand name Icom sells for about $100 at Radioworld and Total Battery sells an aftermarket one for $50.  It had to be ordered in.

        In short a good all around place to get batteries from.

        That is funny. The batteries I bought at Walmart were the exact same brand as Best Buy was selling for almost 3 dollars more. Both were Philips brand if I remember. I was't aware that Walmart was a "dirty word" in radio land. Anyway when it comes to saving money, color me blue. LOL
        73 and good hunting

        Sent from Keith Burrow

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 17, 2013
          Thanks Greg. I didn't know there was a store in Stittsville...usually go to the one near Merivale across from Costco.

          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • Fred Chamberlain
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 17, 2013
            if you mail ordering I've had very good sucess with