AARC 2013 Banquet

  • aprsman
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2012
      Hello All Group members,

      Below is a copy of the email I have just sent to members on the current AARC mailing list. However, I thought that I would also use this medium to make sure the message "got out"!

      "Hello All AARC Members and Friends,

      It is time to plan for our 2013 banquet and social gathering.

      There are 3 options that I ask you to consider and provide feedback, they are:

      1. Dinner at the Royal Canadian Legion Almonte Branch 240. This would be a set meal (roast beef) provided by the voluntary Ladies Auxiliary as we have done in the past. Cost would be around $20 a head - drinks excluded.

      2. Dinner at a local venue TBD. This would be a buffet, with turkey and beef, and the meal cost would also be around $20 - plus the cost of the room/hall and drinks. (Cost of the room/hall to be determined.

      3. Buffet at JR"s with a number of menu choices and would be $25 per person - drinks excluded. I assume no cost for the room.

      Date will probably be in late January or early February.

      Please would you let me know if you are likely to attend and the option you prefer.

      73 Rob VE3UIX
      President, Almonte Amateur Radio Club Inc.

      PS. Thanks to Bernie our secretary for obtaining the costs."
    • Murray Pierce
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2012
        Hi Rob-

        My vote would be for the Legion, I can't think of a more friendly and open setting for the function.

        My last 2 meals (not the breakfasts) at JR's have been terrible, overcooked food and poor service from minimum staff.

        Unfortunately, at the present time, I can not commit our attendance, hopefully that will change as Joan had a call from her Doctor last night with a possible diagnosis and a treatment outline,, more later.

        Murray

        Murray Pierce, VE3IFP  ----

        Member, Almonte Amateur Radio Club
        (http://www.almontearclub.ca)
        murray.pierce@...

        Note:   If you forward this email, please delete the forwarding history, which includes my email address. It is a courtesy to me and others who may not wish to have their email addresses sent all over the world. Erasing the history also helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and prevents viruses from being propagated.

        I'm not on vacation, just 7 day weekends

        On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM, aprsman <ve3uix@...> wrote:

[...]

        Date will probably be in late January or early February.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2012
          Hi All,
          Following my earlier messages the preference is for the Legion.

          So, Bernie has made a reservation there for Saturday January 12 2013. Cost will be $20 to $25 a head and this year will include hors d'oeuvres to munch with pre-dinner libations. We will also have a 50/50 draw to raise funds for the club. A cash bar will be available with wine, beer and other beverages.

          I have not specified the meat dish as yet. Choice is beef, turkey or pork. Votes welcomed on this!

          I hope you will be able to join us and if so please send an email to Stan VA3SMM at stan@... who is compiling the list.

          As in previous years advance payment is requested as we have to pay the Legion for the number of people we indicate will attend. Otherwise the club will have to bear the cost of "no shows". I'm sure you will understand.

          73
          Rob VE3UIX