Tower Crew Needed

  • alross65
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2012
      Hello All,

      Fred VE3CFZ is ready to install a four bay VHF antenna at his place, for use with a repeater on 147.27 Mhz. He needs a minimum of two people on the ground to do the "grunt" work to haul the antenna up the tower. He will do all of the work "at altitude" so it is strictly ground crew that he is looking for. He would like to do the work early in the morning to take advantage of calmer air conditions and cooler temperatures. So the start time is going to be 8am (be there by 7:45am) on Monday, August 6th. That is this coming weekend, which is the Civic holiday weekend.

      If you can volunteer to help Fred get a "reincarnation" of VA3AAR on the air, please let me know and I will relay your response on.

      73, Al VE3DMR
    • Terry Ainsworth
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2012
        I hope to be there for 7:45 on Monday morning. Do you have directions from Almonte?

        cheers, terry

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2012
          Terry, go down 29 towards CP and turn right
          Onto Rae Road. Continue across Con 8 for about
          3km and look for Fred's place in the right  identified by a
          100ft tower and the mail box (opposite Fred's house)
          mounted on a section of a tv tower.
          73 Rob

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 2012-08-03, at 16:50, Terry Ainsworth <ve3tlc@...> wrote:

          I hope to be there for 7:45 on Monday morning. Do you have directions from Almonte?

          cheers, terry

          Fred VE3CFZ is ready to install a four bay VHF antenna at his place, for use with a repeater on 147.27 Mhz. He needs a minimum of two people on the ground to do the "grunt" work to haul the antenna up the tower. He will do all of the work "at altitude" so it is strictly ground crew that he is looking for. He would like to do the work early in the morning to take advantage of calmer air conditions and cooler temperatures. So the start time is going to be 8am (be there by 7:45am) on Monday, August 6th. That is this coming weekend, which is the Civic holiday weekend.

          If you can volunteer to help Fred get a "reincarnation" of VA3AAR on the air, please let me know and I will relay your response on.

          73, Al VE3DMR

        • Fred Chamberlain
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2012
            Come toward CP.... on 29.... turn Right on RAE (side)Rd.

            I'm 1370 Rae Rd.... but once you get close... the 100ft tower should warn you that your getting close as you come around a rock cut
            Fred