Beantown Camp Update [6/21-6/27, Boston, MA, USA]
- April is just around the corner and plans for Beantown Camp are zipping along!
Beantown Camp registration is now open and registrations have already been
coming in from near and far! All levels are welcome and partners are not
needed to attend. The dates are June 21-27 and there are multiple options for
attending. Some of the housing choices have filled! Check out the website for
information on the new format, the latest staff additions, housing
availability and many other details:
In other camp news, there will be copies of Frankie's autobiography, "Frankie
Manning: Ambassador of Lindy Hop" available for purchase in the Camp Shop.
Plus we will be holding a book signing with Frankie and Cynthia after their
presentation on Tuesday evening. (Bring your copy for signing if you purchase
it prior to camp.)
Please be sure to contact us with questions on any of these events.
Aurelie & Tony
- Beantown Camp opening day is almost here!!
Dancers are coming from 26 states and 7 countries! If you have not yet registered there is still time to do so but that time is running out. Don't forget that there's a Canadian discount:-) There are multiple registration options to choose from:
* Weekend, Friday-Sunday, June 22-24, 2007
+ Thursday night add-on, June 21
+ Sunday night add-on, June 24
* Extended Weekend, Friday-Wednesday, June 22-27
* Whole Shebang, Thursday-Wednesday, June 21-27
Spaces are still available! For details check out the website at:
Frankie Manning & Cynthia Millman Presentation and Book Signing
The May 26th sale of Frankie's autobiography on May 26th was a huge success. However, if you have not yet gotten your copy, we will have some available in the Camp Shop. If you do have a copy, bring it along for the book signing!
Cynthia tells us that she and Frankie are planning a special program that will include how they put the book together, stories that didn't make it into the book, some special videos and a Q&A session. Their presentation is sure to be a highlight of this year's camp!
Lindy Hop Track Status
Track 1 - needs LEADERS! (especially for the weekend!!)
Track 2 - needs LEADERS!
Track 3 - close to even
Track 4 - close to even
Track 5 - needs FOLLOWERS!
A few double rooms have just been released in Williston townhouses and some doubles are still available in Kennedy. Those 2 choices have AC. Doubles and triples are available in the non-AC dorms. Contact us if you are interested in a single as some have opened in Bayview.
For those planning to compete, it would be very helpful if you would submit your competition registrations now for all of the competitions (if you have not already done so). It will be possible to register at check-in, but the more we can get in advance, the easier it will be for us to prepare. Thanks!
We may have folks looking for rides so check the camp Bulletin Board:
If you are planning to attend and have not yet completed a registration, please do so now! The college campus provides us the perfect setting for summer camp, but we do not have the flexibility of being at a hotel venue. The college needs to plan in advance and does give us some registration restrictions.
For the Beantown Dance Parties (which are open to the public) on Saturday, June 23 and Tuesday, June 26, the deadline for discount advanced registration is coming up on June 16. Otherwise you can just pay at the door (cash or checks only). The advance registration form is available at:
Please be sure to let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to another awesome camp!
Aurelie & Tony
11th Annual Beantown Lindy Hop Summer Camp 2007
Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
Thursday, June 21 - Wednesday, June 27, 2007
* Choose A Registration Package
- Weekend (with two optional add-ons)
- Extended Weekend
- or stay for the Whole, non-stop Shebang!
* World Class Instructors
- Ryan Francois & Jenny Thomas (England)
- Sylvia Sykes & Nick Williams (CA)
- Eric Fenn (Movement) (CA)
- Kenneth & Helena Norbelie (Sweden)
- Peter Strom & Ramona Staffeld (MN & NY)
- Todd Yannacone & Naomi Uyama (CA & DC)
- Marty Klempner & Valerie Salstrom (OH)
- Jane Ford (MD)
- Jennifer Coulombe (Stretching) (NC)
- Max Pitruzzella & Annie Trudeau (Canada)
- Aidan Fisher & Evita Arce (Canada & NY)
* Lindy Hop Track Classes (6 progressive levels)
* Balboa Mini-Track Classes (3 progressive levels)
* Optional Classes with Multiple Choices
Jazz Routine, '20s Charleston, African, Big Apple, Aerials,
Collegiate Shag, Blues, WCS, and more
* Classes for All Levels (including beginner)
* 3 Nights of Live Music
- Beantown Swing Orchestra (MA)
- Boilermaker Jazz Orchestra (PA)
* A Great Mix of Fabulous DJs
- Mike Smith (Head DJ) (MA)
- Rayned Wiles (MD)
- Joel Domoe (OH)
- Mike Hibarger (MA)
- Didier Jean-Francois (Canada)
- Marty Klempner (OH)
- Valerie Salstrom (OH)
- Peter Strom (MN)
- Stan Tso (VA)
- Marc-André Vachon (RI)
* 6th Annual Northeast Lindy Hop Championships
Balboa, Solo Charleston, Strictly Lindy Slow and Fast,
Intermediate and Advanced Jack & Jill,
New England Regional ALHC Qualifier
- Joel Domoe (Chief Judge) (OH)
- David Coulombe (NC)
- Jennifer Coulombe (NC)
- Jane Ford (MD)
- Ryan Francois (England)
- Helena Norbelie (Sweden)
- Kenneth Norbelie (Sweden)
- Sylvia Sykes (CA)
- Jenny Thomas (England)
* Special Presentation and Book Signing
The Legendary King of Swing... Frankie Manning
with Frankie Manning & Cynthia Millman
- Dave Lasagna (MA)
- Tony Tye (MA)
* Beantown Cafe & Game Room
* Broadway Night
* Beantown Idol, Season 2
* Camp Barbecue
* Ice Cream Party
* Late Night Dancing
* 3 Quality Meals Per Day
* Multiple Housing Options
* Beautiful Coastal Setting
* Private Beaches
* Air-Conditioned Dance Spaces