Re: [All-E] Overpopulation (was Re: Wind NIMBY)

  • john grant
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 7:55 AM

      Jim Hoerner wrote:

       --- In All-Energy@yahoogroups.com, john grant <grantjoh@p...> wrote:

      >But we could start protesting those that produce more than one child.

      Hi, John.  I hope you mean those that produce more than one child each.

      For the next 50 years or so, one kid per family would help.
      have two kids, but I should probably not contaminate the gene pool with such
      small-brain, big-winky heredity.  :-)

      On a serious note, population decline can be a problem too.  Less working
      class to fund the Social Security Pyramid Schemes and care for the elderly,
      for example.

      Retirement funds need not be a pyramid scheme.

      John Grant

    • greenscitek@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8 12:06 PM
        James -- My girlfriend is from mainland China. She and her brother fled
        the mainland in 1989 when they were reprimanded, by Beijing authorities,
        for becoming marginally involved in the Tiananmen Square demonstrations.
        Her parents are members of the Chinese communist party. Most Americans
        don't realize that Chinese pro-democracy rebels, from 1989, patterned
        themselves after American anti-war demonstrators from the 60's & 70's.
        Jonny (pronounced Joanny) hates the Beijing tyranny. =<>= The practice
        of drowning baby girls in China ended over a century ago (in the third
        world, or 19th century America, the female infant mortality rate is/was
        over double that of male infants). Over 50% of China's population is
        female. Jonny has been all over the world since 1989 and considers the
        U.S. to be the most amazing & diverse place she's ever experienced --
        she's impressed most by American science & technology. MikeF.
        __________________________________ From: jhsolar@...
        (James Hanlon) Date: Thu, Jul 31, 2003, 9:21pm:
        Hi Jim: this guy probably can't find a girl friend. Misery likes
        company,
        you know. Or maybe he's gay. We could always do like China and slay all
        female babies.
        Jim Hanlon

        Date:    Thu, Jul 31, 2003, 8:11pm (PDT+3) Subject:    [All-E]
        Overpopulation (was Re: Wind NIMBY) Reply to:
        All-Energy@yahoogroups.com
        --- In All-Energy@yahoogroups.com, john grant <grantjoh@p...> wrote:
        >But we could start protesting those that produce more than one child.
        Hi, John.  I hope you mean those that produce more than one child
        each.  I
        have two kids, but I should probably not contaminate the gene pool with
        such
        small-brain, big-winky heredity.  :-)
        On a serious note, population decline can be a problem too.  Less
        working
        class to fund the Social Security Pyramid Schemes and care for the
        elderly,
        for example.  Those that have six kids are more likely to be taken
        care of
        in their old-age times of need.  I think I'll go put a few more
        biscuits in
        the oven right now.  401k, who needs it :-).
        Regards,
        Jim
        --
        Hold the door for the stranger behind you. When the driver a
        half-car-length