Re: [All-E] As the definitive earth science - tectonics fails miserably

  • Alan Thacker
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      Heheheh.  Yeah, if I were you, I'd change the subject too.

      j bowles <jimbow1@...> wrote:
      Hello all,
      It's not possible to apply (physical principle or mathematical solutions) to a single tenet of tectonics.
      Let's look at a primary tenet : Up-welling magma along mid-ocean ridges is said to be the driving force in the separation of the oceanic plates.
      jb} How is it possible for this up-welling magma (that has unrestricted upward flow) to exert a lateral force, when the only force that can be demonstrated in heat applications is from thermal expansion and phase transition? In both cases - once expanded and phase transition complete : motion is over!
      On the other hand the RB-Effect would say that the separation of the oceanic plates is due to solar (lunar) orbital forces - and the up-welling magma (to fill the void) is an expected consequence.
      jb
      .]

    • j bowles
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006

        Hello all,

        It's not possible to apply (physical principle or mathematical solutions) to a single tenet of tectonics.

        Let's look at a primary tenet : Up-welling magma along mid-ocean ridges is said to be the driving force in the separation of the oceanic plates.

        jb} How is it possible for this up-welling magma (that has unrestricted upward flow) to exert a lateral force, when the only force that can be demonstrated in heat applications is from thermal expansion and phase transition? In both cases - once expanded and phase transition complete : motion is over!

        On the other hand the RB-Effect would say that the separation of the oceanic plates is due to solar (lunar) orbital forces - and the up-welling magma (to fill the void) is an expected consequence.

        jb

        .]

      • the_maniacal_engineer
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
          I see that you have ignored my annihilation of your dismissal of F=ma
          for fluid dynamics. Is this any less half baked??? How about you
          answer the last question - when does the phase change happen if he
          state trajectory goes over the top of the steam bump???

          You are more danger ous than the most ignorant man because you a)think
          you know things that rae not true b)insist that anyone who disagres is
          an idiot and c)insist on making a public nuisance of yourself.

          Prove me wrong by answering the question, you coprophagic coward.

          As to your question Iwill answer it with a question of my own.

          cs} How is it possible for this up-welling _warm moist air_ (that has
          unrestricted upward flow) to exert a lateral force, when the only
          force that can be demonstrated in heat applications is from thermal
          expansion and phase transition? In both cases - once expanded and
          phase transition complete : motion is over! So of course thunderheads
          to not actually exist.

          read a book man!! look at the math and the _actual physics behind
          these processes