[All-E] Re: What's all this hydogen stuff about anyway?

  • pulsed_ignition
    Message 1 of 37 , Mar 1, 2010
      Forget about hydrogen, remove friction instead. This is a quote from an Australian customer.

      "I brought some, did the whole car. being the engine, power steering, injector pump, diff's, gear box and transfer case. Better response and an extra 160km per tank!!!!! LOL, It worked for me cost all of $250AU."

      www.diamondlube.com

      --- In All-Energy@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <harveyking@...> wrote:

      > I already legitimately disputed it. One of the things proponents
      > point to is that when the hose is connected to the engine the rpm rises. This is usually because it induces a vacuum leak at idle. Test it this way. Test drive an operating system. Then simply disconnect
      > one of the two wires going to the "water vessel". Drive again.
      > There will be no difference. I have offered $100 for years for someone to pass this test, "engine will perform poorer with wire disconnected". Still got my $100.
      >
      > Dick
      >
      > --- In All-Energy@yahoogroups.com, Mike Redler <redlerm@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Plenty of replies from the peanut gallery. Sarcasm aside, is there
      > > anyone who can confirm or (legitimately) dispute the effectiveness of
      > > injecting disassociated water into an engine to enhance combustion and
      > > increase mileage?
      > >
      > > Mike
      > >
      > > x xx wrote:
      > > >
      > > > If short engine life is the goal, simply remove the airfilter and
      > > > associated ducting. Lift the throttle quadrant enough to get about
      > > > 1,500 RPM (doesn't need to be accurate, really), then inject 250 ml
      > > > dihydrogenoxide into the intake :-)
      > > >
      > > > Sam

    • Michael Redler
      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 8, 2010
        Even up to the very last replies of this exchange, the question is not directly addressed. It's either summarily dismissed, or the attempts at an answer address everything but the one thing that I asked for since the beginning.

        It was never about the hydrogen by itself - yet the replies go into much detail about the properties of hydrogen and/or the energy needed to make it. It would have been better if respondents just said "I don't know".

        For anyone who would like to reply off-line, I'll repeat the original inquiry: I'm looking for data that either supports or challenges the net energy gain of hydrogen/oxygen injection in internal combustion engines running (preferably) on biofuels. The energy balance includes the energy needed to produce the hydrogen and oxygen (i.e. through electrolysis, etc.).

        Here is the original post for this thread:
        http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ All-Energy/ message/15297

        I've joined another forum dedicated to this subject since this thread started. I'll be sure to share what I learn as soon as I know more.

        Mike