Zero Point Energy in the news again

  • Michael Redler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
      Zero Point Energy (ZPE)
      A cost-effective, abundant, renewable, never before commercialized, energy resource is on the near-term horizon.

      Mark Goldes

      January 29, 2009
      http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/partner/story?id=54634&src=rss

      The March 1, 2004 issue of Aviation Week and Space Technology featured an article headlined "Aerospace Giants Eye Zero Point Energy". The piece went on to say aerospace applications of ZPE being explored by BAE Systems and a large domestic aerospace company supported by the Department of Defense: "might enable Mach 4 fighters, quiet 1,200 seat hypersonic airliners that fly at 100 mile altitudes as far as 12,000 miles in about 70 minutes, and 12.6 hour trips to the moon."

      While these future applications all now seem possible, our much more pressing problems involve freedom from the need to import oil, as well as the rapid reduction in the use of fossil fuels. Since most well-qualified scientists believe they threaten dangerous climate change.

      Seemingly empty space, known to physicists as the quantum vacuum, is chock full of energy. The density of this energy per unit of volume is “comparable to (that) of nuclear energy - or even greater. Consequently, its potential as an energy source is absolutely enormous.”

      U.S.  Patent, No. 7,379,286 (not directly connected with our work) titled: Quantum Vacuum Energy Extraction provides a comprehensive discussion of the Zero Point Field.  The Summary states: “A system is disclosed for converting part of the energy of the electromagnetic quantum vacuum available at any point in the universe to usable energy in the form of heat, electricity, mechanical energy or other forms of power.  …The disclosed devices are scalable in size and energy output for applications ranging from replacements for small batteries to power plant sized generators of electricity.  Since the electromagnetic quantum vacuum is thought to permeate the entire Universe, devices drawing power from the electromagnetic quantum vacuum in the fashion claimed will be effectively inexhaustible sources of power.”  This Patent is readily available on the web and may interest scientists and skeptics.

      In 1926, inventor Hans Coler, in Germany, magnetically tapped what he termed “Space Energy”. Today we would call it ZPE.  His first generators delivered a few watts of electricity.  During 1937, Coler demonstrated a second, 6,000 watt, generator that was later shown to the German navy. That resulted in a secret R&D project during WWII, in an attempt to achieve production. The goal was to recharge submarine batteries without the need for a sub to surface.  Late in the War, the laboratory was bombed.  After hostilities ended, Coler cooperated with British Intelligence. A 1946 Classified Report concluded his achievement was real.  In 1979, that British Intelligence Report was declassified. Today, it can readily be found on the internet.

      Nobel physicist Werner Heisenberg once stated: "We could utilize magnetism as an energy source".

      Magnetic devices extracting ZPE may initially prove capable of powering cell phones and other hand-held devices. The next step might be battery replacement for laptops. Another objective will be power sufficient to replace the need for a plug, in a plug-in hybrid car.

      This will remove the need for a grid connection for any automobile so equipped. Since much of the grid is powered by plants burning coal, that will open the door to winding down any such requirement.

      An obvious target market is homes and business establishments. Solar has pioneered residential and commercial applications. Magnetic systems can inherently operate 24/7 and need no rooftop installation. The economics are expected to prove inherently attractive.

      These systems can also power recharge stations for electric cars. However, it will soon be obvious they can render batteries superfluous - leading to better electric cars - that need no recharge whatsoever.

      Cars as a potential source of income

      Vehicle to grid (V2G) power is now the subject of experiments by several utilities.  A University of Delaware statement estimated that selling power to the grid from future production hybrid electric cars might earn the vehicles’ owner $4,000 each year.  This assumes that power will be drawn by local utilities from the car’s batteries, by means of a hefty two-way, plug.

      In the future, cars powered by Zero Point Energy conversion systems are expected to earn much more, as these generators are anticipated to replace both batteries and car engines.  Therefore, they are expected to produce far greater amounts of electricity.  No plug will be required.

      Generators of the variety we are developing to power electric automobiles might be thought of as analogous to a fuel cell that needs no hydrogen.  We can easily switch this cell on or off.  When the car is driving the conversion device is switched on, providing energy to the electric motor that propels the car.  When the vehicle is parked, the motor that drives the vehicle is turned 'off', but the generator can remain "on", still producing energy, like a fuel cell that needs no fuel.  In larger cars, trucks and buses, up to 150 kW might be produced by the unit while the motor is off. This electricity can be transferred to the utility grid through a wireless technology requiring no physical connection to the parked vehicle. Instead of paying to park, the electric power utility may find it cost-effective to pay vehicle owners, because their cars and trucks become a source of electricity, a clean alternative to any existing variety of central power plant.  Over a reasonable period of time, payments to the owner may be sufficient to reimburse the purchase price of many vehicles.

      Once cars, trucks and buses become available that need no fuel or recharge, automotive manufacturers will sell every such vehicle they make.  Plants that have been shut down will reopen.  Auto workers who have been laid off may have the opportunity to be rehired.  Large numbers of new manufacturing jobs will be created. Later, when vehicles can earn income while parked, they will further stimulate the economy and help to reduce any demand to build coal fired and nuclear power plants.
    • chris64strev
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
        Although a vacuum does contain virtual energy it is also present in
        normal matter.

        This energy is a consequence of the uncertainty principle. In any
        place at all times virtual particles appear then disappear. They come
        from energy borrowed then the energy is paid back. Positive and
        negative paticles are created in pairs.

        It cannot be extracted.

        However if an electric field is placed across a vaccuum as in a cooks
        tube the field separates the positive and negative particles and the
        particles become real. Matter is created. However a current flows
        through the circuit and this takes energy. This energy was used to
        create matter.

        I did experiments with a vacuum tube (hydrogen at 10^-7 Tor) and put
        it inside the coil of a screened tuned circuit and listened for noise
        with a sensitive radio reciever.

        I detected no difference between noise with the tube or without it.

        So there is no way of extracting this virtual energy.

        Remember in science an experiment is only valid if someone else can
        repeat it with the original observers instructions.

        There is nothing special about magnetism it only the consequence of
        special relativity and the relative motion of electrons in a
        conductor which contains fixed charges. The force is produced becuase
        the moving electrons are seen as contracted and therefore more dense
        than the fixed charges to other charges outside the conductor. This
        usually applies to the force between two current carrying conductors
        but there is a force of repulstion between a negatively charged
        object near a conductor carrying an electron current.

        So I suggest that this report of zero point energy has another
        explanation. The rest of the article is fluff.

        Chris.
      • Wayne Gage
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
          MPI run by Mark Goldes has been scamming since 1984, I wonder how
          long before the investors get educated?
          http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Magnetic_Power_Inc
          "Since 1984 when MPI began, we have raised in excess of $8 million
          in Angel funding."

          --- In All-Energy@yahoogroups.com, Michael Redler <redlerm@...>