Re: What is up with the world today?

  • Wayne Gage
    Message 1 of 63 , Apr 12, 2007
      This is of course nonsense. When food is cooked it is irradiated with
      IR do you think you radiate IR because of the food you eat.
      It is very disheartening to read your ignorance.
      Food preservation is one plateau that has benefited the whole human
      race.

      --- In All-Energy@yahoogroups.com, "Lyra" <lyra5825@...> wrote:

      > Aloha Wayne,
      >
      > I personally do not want to eat irradiated food. You are what you
      > eat and when you eat radiation you eminate radiation. > Peace, Love
      and Light,
      > Lyra
      > www.earthcollege.org

    • Prune
      Message 63 of 63 , Apr 26, 2007
        --- In All-Energy@yahoogroups.com, "Lyra" <lyra5825@...> wrote:

        > Aloha Prune,

        Bore da, Lyra fach,

        > Thank you for your investigation.

        You are welcome. I enjoy learning new things, and especially I enjoy
        brushing the cobwebs of preconception from my mind.

        > I prefer to not use the microwave to heat up my food. It does
        change the composition and taste significantly.

        Certainly. Different ways of cooking food give different results.
        Personally I refer to cook in a conventional oven or to open-grill.
        My wife prefers to cook in the microwave. We both create good,
        healthy dishes in our own ways. They are different. Vive la
        difference!

        > As I understand it, there
        > is natural ratiation and there is man-made radiation.

        I have problems accepting this as a meaningful statement.

        > Just as there
        > is natural foods, and irradiated, GMO and other man-made foods.
        The
        > taste is different and I suppose it is 'Each to his own.'

        Very true. I will happily eat almost anything (I am unable to obtain
        GM food because of EU laws or irradiated food because it is not a
        popular technique here, but if I could I would embrace them). But
        I strongly believe in the right of the individual to make up their
        own minds about what they eat. The only way this right can be
        protected these days is through comprehensive, mandatory food
        labelling. EU laws provide for that. Don't US laws?

        > There are other ways to have strawberries in December.

        But why would you want to? Produce tastes best and is heathiest when
        it is in its natural season. To demand everything all the time is
        childish and greedy, and takes away the pleasure of anticipation.
        Anyway, I know only too well where the all-year-round fruit in my
        local supermarket comes from and I want nothing to do with it. (By
        the way, it is not irradiated. Food irradiation is very rare in the
        UK, because of consumer resistance).

        > In-door
        > growing has grown in popularity over the past ten years. There are
        > many distributore of grow systems which allow for year round
        > growing. There is less man-made radiation in this food than in
        > export/import produce.

        I would be more worried about pesticides, fertilisers and fungal
        contamination than radiation, if I were you. To say nothing about the
        working condidtions of those who grow it.

        > I would not want to buy food that some one
        > harvested with out proper compensation.

        Good point. I too regard this as important. Fair-trade produce is
        growing in popularity here. I would always buy
        a fair-trade product in preference to other options. Again, it
        requires a sound labelling regime to give me the right to choose fair-
        trade over other products.

        > I still stand by what I said. You are what you eat, in every way.

        And what you drink. As a matter of interest, Lyra, where does the
        water come from that you drink? Oh, and the purity of air and the
        availablilty of sunlight also affect our bodily compositions. And of
        course what we excrete - not wishing to be vulgar but the natural
        toxins produced by digestion need to be removed, and that requires
        (how can I put this..) healthy bowels and bladder.

        > Peace, Love and Light,
        > Lyra

        Knowledge and wisdom,
        Prune