Very quiet here

  • Merle Gordon
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2006
      Hello all,

      Sorry I haven't been very active since last year. I have been busy
      attaining my Associates Degree. Finally finished yesterday. Hopefully
      things will pick up again. Would love to hear from you all on how your
      lives are going.

      Merle
    • CHARLIE HOWELL
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2006
        Merle,

        Sounds like Congrats due on the AA degree... are you off and running for a BA now? How young R U anyway?
         As for me, I spent most of this last winter/yr working on three lines which were close to the Gordon's.
        You may recall that Phineas Gordon [1770-1863]m. a Joanna PATTEE. He was one of several Gordon's to wed into that family. There is a great detailed three part monograph published in the NEHGS register on this family. Their daughter Sybil Gordon then married into the YOUNG family, a family which eluded me for quite some time. I was fortunate enough to come across an unpublished Young family genealogy which is at the NH Hist. Soc., These families along with the EASTMAN's all seemed to have been involved in the REV. WAR-NH
        I have a great amount of work to do to get it all documented. But needless to say the loose ends are coming together.
        Health wise, this dude is showing signs of his age, a kidney stone developed around the first of the month and wont be removed until the 6 April. So I am on great pain meds., they limit my time on the PC as they put or keep me out of pain and asleep. So genealogical work will have to take a back seat this month.
        Hope your winter wasn't too cold and miserable, our mountains are 300% over last year in snow accumulation which is a great thing! Seattle is above avg. in rain. but hasn't been too bad of a winter this year. I hesitate to say that my bulbs are in full bloom in the garden.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2006
          Hey Charlie,

           Good to hear from you.I just finished my associates Degree in Business Management. Not bad at 46, wish I had that opportunity 20 years ago. Still you never know what I'll do now. It's been a very hard year as my Mom died in january. She was in the hospital from October till she passed on in January.I think that will be the hardest time in my life. Finishing school was very important, I just wish my mom could have seen the end result, a 3.94 GPA, all A's except one B in Psycology.
           Sounds as if you have been very busy, but always remember to take care of your health, life is so precious. Winter has been over all very mild here, all the big storms stayed south of us, hitting the Boston Mass. area.I still envy you in your state, I remember when we lived in Washington, a lot of great fishing. I just learned how to play golf last year, I really enjoyed that. Funny, I used to make fun of people hitting the ball around. Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line for now.Still owe you those copies of ole Alexander's records. I will do that soon. I still have to get ready for my Mom's graveside buriel this spring too. It's been crazy.

          All the best
          Cousin Merle

          CHARLIE HOWELL <foodservwa@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Mail

        • GordonsOfMaine@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
            In a message dated 3/16/2006 6:55:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, merrill515@... writes:
            I have been busy
            attaining my Associates Degree. Finally finished yesterday.
            -----
            Congratulations Merle! I'm between my busy seasons, the two basketball teams I coach just finished their seasons, and its too early to start the hiking and backpacking I need to do updating the annual Appalachian Trail guide I contribute to. I'm looking forward to naps the next few weeks!
            Cousin John

            John Wesley Gordon