Takoma Park Town Hall Meeting on Crime (fwd)

  • Seth Grimes
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2014
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Emily van Loon

      Hi everyone,

      A number of concerned citizens on Sycamore Avenue, who have personally
      experienced the trauma of the increase in crime in our area have decided
      to come together and gather a group of key players to discuss the issue.

      To that end, there will be a very important town hall meeting on crime on
      Feb 25th. We invite you as a citizen of Takoma Park to attend.

      When: Tuesday, February 25th, 7:00-9:00 p.m.

      Where: Takoma Park City Hall, in the main auditorium.

      What: Takoma Park Town Hall Meeting on Crime and Crime Prevention.

      Who will attend:

      Comptroller Peter Franchot will be moderating.

      Takoma Park Mayor Bruce Williams

      Takoma Park Police Chief Alan Goldberg

      Montgomery County Police Chief Tom Manger

      Washington DC Police Chief Cathy Lanier

      Maryland Superintendent of Police Marcus Brown

      Montgomery Park Police Cheif Antonio DuVaul

      University of Maryland Police Chief David Mitchell. I am sure many of the
      TKPK City Council and other TKPK police staff will attend.

      Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett may be able to come for the
      beginning, but hasn't confirmed yet.

      Other people invited but have not confirmed are: Prince George's County
      Police Chief Mark Magaw WMATA Police Chief Ron Pavlick.

      In addition, we're inviting the District 20 legislative team.

      We need your assistance in getting the word out to Takoma Park residents!

      Please forward to other list serves.

      Thanks

      Emily van Loon on Sycamore