5562Parking Permits/Area B Parking Permits - Community Advisory
- Jun 10, 2014The City of Takoma Park requires that you re-new your parking permits
prior to July 1 every year. There is no grace period and tickets will
be written for expired permits after June 30.
To ease the process and to encourage early registration, the Police
Department offers permits by mail, as well as in-person purchasing.
Residents should complete the form, which can be picked up from the
Police Department or downloaded and printed from the Takoma Park Police
Department web site at
Registration, by mail and in person, began on June 1, 2014, and
in-person is Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
● Permits by mail are for residences only, with a $1 charge for
mailing and handling.
● In-person purchasing is required for businesses and for Area B
● Residents should complete the form/application and return it, with
payment, to the Police Department. Photocopies of the current vehicle
registration card for each vehicle and a driver’s license for at least
one owner must be submitted with this form. Attachments must show a
current Takoma Park address in the requested permit area. Include day
and evening phone numbers in case any questions arise in processing.
● A decal and year sticker for each registered vehicle will be mailed
back within three business days of receipt. Two visitor parking permits
will be included for each address.
● Businesses in the permit areas should submit the names of employees
on company letterhead with their request. Not more than three
employees’ permits are allowed. A home-based business must show
evidence of a currently-operated business, which is current on payment
of personal property taxes.
● A 50 percent discount is offered to hybrid or all-electric
● Nine Area B permits are available on a first-come, first-served
basis to residents living more than .75 miles from the Takoma Metro
station. Area B permits will be issued on June 30, 2014 at 9:00 a.m.
Area B permits are available only through in-person application at the
Police Administrative window (7500 Maple Avenue, Takoma Park, MD
● Questions regarding permit parking can be answered at 301-891-7102,
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Catherine E. Plevy
Assistant to the Chief of Police
Public Information Officer (PIO)
Office of the Chief of Police
7500 Maple Avenue
Takoma Park, Maryland 20912
(301) 891-7142 - desk
(240) 338-2901 - cell