New Alberta Bird

  • Terry Thormin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      I just thought that everybody might be interested in this one. Fish and
      Wildlife has turned in a specimen of a Flammulated Owl to the Provincial
      Museum of Alberta. The bird was found dead in someones backyard in the
      Goldbar area of Edmonton on Feb. 19, 2001. There is no doubt about the
      identification of the owl, but the record will still have to be
      adjudicated by the record committee before it is officially accepted.
      Already we have our first new bird for the provincial list for 2001, and
      not one that anyone really expected. Unfortunately it is also not one
      that anyone can go out and see.

      Terry Thormin