Late migrants in Fort McMurray

  • Simone
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2011
      A White-throated Sparrow flew out from under my neighbour's deck on Saturday, Nov 5, to spend some time under my feeders (mid-day, clear, cool and sunny). Yesterday afternoon, a walk at Gregoire L PP was quiet except for a mature Bald Eagle that flew up from the tall aspen trees along the shoreline of the now completely frozen lake. (There were still a few sheltered areas open a week ago.) A handful of Common Redpoll were in the same area. No snow at all yet.

      Along the access road to the park (mixed forest of tall conifers and aspen/poplar) there was a pile of rabbit fur. No pellets, but sure looked like the work of a large owl.

      Have fun out there.

      Simone
      Fort McMurray