Akha Journal: Ride for Freedom, Knoxville, Tennessee

  • Matthew McDaniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2010
      Dear Friends:

      We are north of Knoxville, Tennessee, and about 30-40 days from New York City. Tennessee just goes on forever.

      About 25 days from Washington, DC.

      We have so far survived one of the most brutal winters in US history, daytime temperatures not rising above 20 degrees. Night time temperatures in the single digits. The bus did not freeze, we did not freeze, and a great lady named Jenn gave a VERY NICE horse quilt for Hampton. We haven't got hit by any big snows or bad roads yet, for that we are thankful.

      Amazing things have happened on this trip. We will be crossing the finish line roughly a year after we started.

      We plan to visit members of Congress in DC and UN Officials in New York.

      Right now we are still in need of a few things. You can make a small donation for diesel, propane and grain, it is very much appreciated.

      Thank you for following along in support of Akha human rights. We have gotten the Akha story out to a few more people.

      Matthew McDaniel

      The Akha Heritage Foundation.
      http://www.akha.org Akha Heritage Site.
      PO Box 6073 Salem, OR. 97304 USA.