Akha Journal: El Dorado, Arkansas

  • Matthew McDaniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2009
      Dear Friends:

      We are in El Dorado, Arkansas. A town where you can be stopped by five police cars at night, for being seen with a saddle on the sidewalk.

      Oh Well.

      We jotted around a bit on the map, dodging tornados and enduring torrential rains, and now head for Memphis.

      Today we are locating a horse shoer, and we are in need of $120 roughly to get the job done once we find one who will come to town.

      We'd like to think we only have 90 days left, but after this week its maybe 120 days. Memphis, Knoxville, Roanoke, DC. NY.

      Every day is an exhausting adventure, packed with details, events, weather, scratching for funds, keeping in touch with the Akha in Thailand, touching base with media and producing videos.

      Finding a place to load them fast to the web server, now 45 gig in size, is always a chore so we have at least ten to still add.

      The bus holds up, the crew, the amazing crew of the Ride for Freedom Bus holds up, Hampton holds up, and my hat is about worn out.

      We will have blood in our eye when the miles drop to under 1000 left to go, right now it is 1350.

      Do all you can do to support our last months on the Ride for Freedom. With more than 120,000 views on Youtube.com/akhazauh we feel we are getting the word out and that number will grow, as well as the 3000 buisiness cards we will have handed out when the trip is over.

      Matthew

      The Akha Heritage Foundation.
      http://www.akha.org Akha Heritage Site.
      PO Box 6073 Salem, OR. 97304 USA.