Akha Journal: Bus Driver Needed - The Right Stuff

  • Matthew McDaniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Dear Friends:

      As we get close to getting the stickers put on the bus, gather together one apple notebook for processing videos to the web we are looking for applicants for a volunteer driver.

      We are looking for someone who understands the mission of this project and would like to ambitiously support the goals of this trip, Educating the public, publicizing the Akha story, promoting Akha human rights, calling on the Thai government for reforms, putting an end to the removal of Akha children and fundraising along the way for Akha projects in Thailand and Laos.

      The right person should have some experience driving a larger vehicle. No special license is required for an RV but it IS FORTY FEET LONG.

      People will be approaching the bus to ask how they can help out and the right person will know to ask for donations and give out literature for the project, introducing individuals to the purpose of the ride and a short history of what we have accomplished so far.

      The trip will take 6-8 months, traveling secondary roads about 25 miles a day.

      If you have interest in this project, please contact us.

      Matthew McDaniel

      The Akha Heritage Foundation.
      http://www.akha.org Akha Heritage Site.
      PO Box 6073 Salem, OR. 97304 USA.