Re: GAME TURN VII Late March 1851

  • Ted C.
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 18, 2010
      Kenny,

      I need rules clarification! If I read John's last entry correctly, on his first turn, he retried a mission from the previous week and then flew to Siberia. In his second turn, he flew into the Urals, completed a mission and then flew into the Ukraine.

      If this is correct, here are my questions:
      1. If a mission is attempted, whether it's a success or not, it's not available again, right?
      2. If we have the movement, can we fly, complete a mission and then fly again? I've been playing under the assumption that once you take a mission in a territory, then your movement is finished. Looking back through the rules, all it states is that there are four phases in a turn. I don't recall anyone moving, missioning (great, new word) and then moving again, but I could be wrong.

      John, this isn't a slight on your game turn. Your missions and delivery, if I read it correctly and are legit, are groundbreaking!

    • kenneth_vanpelt@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 19, 2010

        "Gentlemen (as the GM's voice booms over the ship's speakers) this is your captain speaking."

        "In Airship adventures you follow a sequenced turn order as follows:

        'all airship captains will ascertain the current wind speed and move their ship at their discretion 0, 1, or 2 adjacent territories as permitted'

        'if a territory contains a mission you may attempt it and you may attempt all such missions declared for a territtory even combining two such missions.'

        "Win or lose the mission is discarded after the attempt."

        "our game is set up so that in one week of real time you may cruise your ship to new territories twice.  The sequence is move, mission, after action.

        In your write ups I really like the color we have all added to our adventure.  Keep it, but reference the mission you are solving by number and overall territory name."

        Include anything else in your reaction to the game but to make it easy to follow for writing the next turn I need to take off missions so they are not reoccuring week after week.

        "You may return to your duty stations - that is all"

      • jovanpe@att.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 19, 2010
          I was wondering why that mission was still there. I thought that was strange, but thought it must have been rolled again or something. It really doesn't make sense for me to be able to do that mission again if it is the same one (if that was the case, then we could just stay in the same place trying a mission over and over until we succeed!) I was shocked to see it still listed, so I thought I was just lucky and the mission had come up again.

          The move thing I thought was okay. If you can complete a mission and then move, why could you not complete a mission on the way? If you cannot that is okay. All I got out of the deal (well, besides the VP) was a ninja. I really need speed things, yet I cannot seem to get any. I am still just a slow old cow!

          Anyway, it's all good. I want to know how to do it right. Let me know what to do to make this right. I can take off the three VP and the ninja (oh and the stateroom!) Or, if it is okay, I can retrace my steps and do the turn again.

          Thanks.

          John

          --- In Airship_Adventures_Sky_Lions@yahoogroups.com, "Ted C." <petru05@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > >
          > > We also discovered that Zolotov has studied combat in the Far East, attaining the esteemed classification of a ninja. He is notorious for his foot attack, known as the "Zolotov Kicktail." He said the safest place for him during these tumultuous times would be with us on our airship, so he was hired on as a ninja (M -- +1; X -- +1; D -- +1).
          > >
          > > After our work with Zolotov, we got back to the skies to catch more of the strong wind, which carried us on for the first time into Europe, stopping in the Ukraine. We all hope the wind holds up, so we can arrive in London in time for the Regatta.

        • lionsden112002
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 20, 2010
            "Play on"

            as the mission was still listed for one as well as for all so it is my mistake.
            Read the turn sequence again and we shall all try and abide by,
            Movement,
            Mission Attempt,
            Rewards,
            After action report.

            In our "write ups" we shall all try and reference the mission code or numbers and the main territory. We can still add place names within but try and make it easy on the GM to remove missions from the next turn.

            GM

> [...]
            > > >
            > > > We also discovered that Zolotov has studied combat in the Far East, attaining the esteemed classification of a ninja. He is notorious for his foot attack, known as the "Zolotov Kicktail." He said the safest place for him during these tumultuous times would be with us on our airship, so he was hired on as a ninja (M -- +1; X -- +1; D -- +1).
            > > >
            > > > After our work with Zolotov, we got back to the skies to catch more of the strong wind, which carried us on for the first time into Europe, stopping in the Ukraine. We all hope the wind holds up, so we can arrive in London in time for the Regatta.

          • Ted C.
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 20, 2010
              Captain Baptiste sits at his desk and wonders how the White Cruiser's captain's voice came over his intercom!Thanks for the clarification. John, I wasn't maligning your game turn. I was hoping that you had chanced upon a caveat in the rules I'd not noticed!Ken, if you broke the missions into regions, much like I did in the last Intrepid issue, it really makes it easier to read and change weekly.Play on, fellas!