GAME TURN VIII Early April 1851

  • lionsden112002
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2010
      The Intrepid Aeronaut
      GAME TURN VIII Early April 1851
      All the News in fits of print from the Corners of the Globe
      Featuring Up to Date Travelers' Advisories and Communiqués from Posts both Near
      and Far News in this Issue covers the week of January 11th, 2010
      Airship Adventures Aeronaut Game Scale for Aeroship Captains.
      20 point Journeyman Aeronaut
      40 points Master Aeronaut
      60 points Renowned Aeronaut
      80 points Sky Lion!

      Mission Phase: Valid missions.
      Missions with more than one mention may be doubled up and use modifiers of both
      categories.

      Self created Missions to include:Repair in actuality should be called
      "invent or add on or modify" airship.
      Repair: To initiate this mission require three of the seven listed crew.
      Aeronaut, Scientist, Naval Officer, Engineer, Inventor, Mechanic, Navigator
      Roll a 1D100 and a Success yields = May add one attachment randomly drawn roll a
      1D30 and reference the attachment chart.

      Recruit: Use Diplomacy modifier. Roll 1D100. May add one crew randomly drawn if
      you achieve a "Total Success".
      Roll a 1D30 and randomly add your crew from the list.
      Home Base modifiers +10 if moored at home port for repair and recruit.

      Current Global news from the territories:

      3.1.49 Diplomatic, entertain, North Africa
      4.6.13 Transport, Pick up person, South Pacific
      2.6.12 Exploration Collect ZBGAV, North Pacific
      4.5.93 Transport a politician, Venezuela
      4.6.54 Transport, artifact, East Africa
      2.2.57 Exploration, expedition, South Africa
      5.5.56 Rescue, animals, Congo
      5.3.14 Rescue,Explorer, South Pacific
      6.4.74 Speed race,train, Iceland
      4.3.98 Transport, food, Brazil
      4.5.54 Transport, political disadent, East Africa
      2.6.35 Exploration, Collect ZBGAV, Irkutsk
      5.2.27 Rescue, Explorer, India
      1.5.10 Military, Forward Observation: artillery spotting, Indian Ocean
      4.1.56 Transportation, Delivery Emergency Supplies, Congo
      5.4.86 Rescue, Explorer, Alaska
      5.3.36 Rescue, Explorer, Irkutsk
      1.5.77 Military, Artillery spotter, Quebec
      1.5.16 Military, Artillery spotter, South China Sea
      1.6.82 Military, Police action, Alberta
      6.4.99 Speed, Race a train, Afgentina
      5.6.60 Rescue, political disident, Madagascar

      PS GM: I really love the written descriptions of the mission outcomes. Can you reference them by coded description. In your after action report reference the actual coded numbers above.

      Look these up in your charts of navigation and political communique.

      Travel Phase: Current barometric pressure and wind speeds at your
      location. Heliographed instantly from around the globe. You can always rely on
      an accurate and favorable forecast when you consult the Aeuonauts companion.
      Brought to you by The Intrepid Aeuronaut.
      Player 1 Wind Speed 14,81
      Player 2 Wind Speed 3,83
      Player 3 Wind Speed 12,22
      Player 4: Wind Speed 2,60
      Player 5: Wind Speed 90,13
      Player 6: Wind Speed 78,52
      Player 7: Wind Speed
      Player 8: Wind Speed
      Player 9: Wind Speed
      Player 10: Wind Speed
      Player 11: Wind Speed
      Player 12: Wind Speed

      Additional posts
      There will be an Aeroship Regatta in London in Late April 1851. The Intrepid
      Aeronaut is offering a First Prize of 1 additional Crewman (Mechanic) and 1
      Additional Attachment of (Rockets M+2, S+2). Second Prize will be a set of
      Avionics Industries Propellers S+4. Third Prize will be a set of Bellerophon
      Silks Sails S+4. Aeroship captains must be in territory in Late April 1851 in
      Great Britain to be eligible for the event. It will occur as the first movement
      of that week and all participants will turn in to the GM a SPEED die roll of 1 D
      100 augmented with whatever you currently have on board for SPEED. The reace
      takes place entirely within the territory of Great Britain. You will have your
      second half of the week's turn after the race.

      Clear skies captains!

      Welcome to any new recruits that join us in this adventure.

      GM
    • lionsden112002
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2010
        Game Turn VIII
        Early April 1851
        USS White Cruiser
        Captain GM Cline, commanding.

        As we transferred the last of the garrison to the waiting steam locomotive, our mime Klemptschmeelle Gunderfenston, began taunting the engineer by mimicking how slow the small steam engine Minor was. Incensed at the effrontery, the engineer demanded to race the White Cruiser. We obliged and commenced the mission (6.4.74 Speed race, train, Iceland).
        Roll up: 46
        Successful mission VP to 34
        This is not the manner in which the race regatta will be performed but I wanted to demonstrate the manner a race could be run in other instances.
        The little engine that could can be seen in Iceland today.
        Blackburn slapped a new cog into place and shouted up from the engine room. "All boilers online captain!" Small mechanical issues would not spoil our race day.
        Klempt performed superbly on the fore observation platform and we assumed the engineer was going to have a major stroke by the colour of his cheeks and forehead as we sailed on past the diminutive train engine. Moon walking mimes have a way of bringing emotions to the fore….We didn't know which was blowing off more steam the engine proper or the steam puffing out of the ears of the engineer!!
        And the mime says " ."

        --- In Airship_Adventures_Sky_Lions@yahoogroups.com, "lionsden112002" <kenneth_vanpelt@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > There will be an Aeroship Regatta in London in Late April 1851. The Intrepid
        > Aeronaut is offering a First Prize of 1 additional Crewman (Mechanic) and 1
        > Additional Attachment of (Rockets M+2, S+2). Second Prize will be a set of
        > Avionics Industries Propellers S+4. Third Prize will be a set of Bellerophon
        > Silks Sails S+4. Aeroship captains must be in territory in Late April 1851 in
        > Great Britain to be eligible for the event. It will occur as the first movement
        > of that week and all participants will turn in to the GM a SPEED die roll of 1 D
        > 100 augmented with whatever you currently have on board for SPEED. The reace
        > takes place entirely within the territory of Great Britain. You will have your
        > second half of the week's turn after the race.
        >
        > Clear skies captains!
        >
        > Welcome to any new recruits that join us in this adventure.

      • lionsden112002
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2010
          Game Turn VIII
          Early April, 1851Second week.
          USS White Cruiser
          GM Cline commanding

          We sail on very favorable winds to Great Britain and register the White Cruiser for the regatta. Our crew under the watchful eye of the head mechanic, Blackburn goes into major preparation for the event.
          Captain Cline and Ms. Burchette go into London to the recruiting office and see about acquiring a crewmember.
          Roll up: Crew in London (self generated mission): 8
          Now that won't do! In our haste to catch a coach into town-the damned fool mime thought it funny to run after us and try and shadow our efforts at the recruiting station. Well how was I to know as I signaled the driver to proceed the fool was attempting to jump aboard the coach which was a team of eight horse affair – you know the really heavy urban coach and SQUASH! The idiot's leg got caught in the rear wheel and was snapped off at the knee. Well I've never heard a mime scream but I can assure you our own Mr. Klempt found his voice that day! Now we must remove him from our crew manifest while he recuperates in a London emergency ward. A waste of time as our recruiting trip was canceled and now will have to wait.

        • jovanpe@att.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 24, 2010
            Airship -- The Incredibly Lighter than Air Mammoth Balloon Aeronautical Conveyance with Outlandish Weaponry -- ILAM BACOW or "The Bad-Ass Cow"

            Owner -- Sultan Sheik Turban XXXVII, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

            Captain: The Most Excellent Scavenger of the Skies and Purveyor of Fine Fruits, Sir I.M. Wetinmybritches

            Captain's Log Early April 1851

            The wind barely blew. I am afraid we will not make it in time for the Regatta. Blasted breezes! Wind speed of 12 got us nowhere and with the uptick to 22, we fared barely better, sailing from the Ukraine into Northern Europe. Stalled out there. Can see the white cliffs of Britain with the scope off in the distance, but cannot get there! The Prince will not be pleased.

            Captain I.M. Wetinmybritches
            April 5, 1851