128Re: GAME TURN X Early March 1851

  • lionsden112002
    Feb 20, 2010

      Game turn X Early March 1851 AFRICA

      Current Global news from the territories:

      3.1.49 Diplomatic, entertain, North Africa  The White Cruiser leaves Great Britain after installing our new propeller kit and heads for North Africa.  There we meet with the diplomatic envoy from Great Britain as he is keen on hearing of the regatta and had read by heliograph of the race results.  We decide to have an reenactment for him and his staff with the White Cruiser off the north shore of his estate bordering the Mediterranean.

      Roll Up: Diplomatic 31 only a partial success.  The agent seems decidedly un-amused.  Oh well, what passes for entertainment in this age is sometimes a mystery. VP to 38

      5.5.56 Rescue, animals, Congo.  The Crew and captain travel on for their own amusement and decide to go on a short safari and rescue some endangered species in the Congo:

      Roll Up: Rescue: 12 botched that!

      As we brought the airship in for a landing to rescue the cute and cuddly Congolese fleece bear it was nowhere to be seen.  Damned if we only discovered the poor beast as we lifted off again!  It hadn't actually run off into the bush as we surmised.  Apparently the creature has a habit of searching for cover under large structures and of course a landing airship gondola would in this environment have deceived the poor beast into thinking it was gaining shelter…..

      Squish…..VP deflated to 37Smoked-antelope1

      --- In Airship_Adventures_Sky_Lions@yahoogroups.com, "lionsden112002" <kenneth_vanpelt@...> wrote:

      > The Intrepid Aeronaut
      > ************************************************************************\
      > *******
      >
      > GAME TURN X Early March 1851
      >
      > ************************************************************************\
      > *******
      > All the News in fits of print from the Corners of the Globe
      > Featuring Up to Date Travelers' Advisories and Communiqués from Posts
      > both Near
      > and Far News in this Issue covers the week of January 25th, 2010
      >
      > [See full size image]
      > <http://www.gutenberg.org/files/30047/30047-h/images/img034.jpg>
      > Airship Adventures Aeronaut Game Scale for Aeroship Captains.
      > 20 point Journeyman Aeronaut
      > 40 points Master Aeronaut
      > 60 points Renowned Aeronaut
      > 80 points Sky Lion!
      > There will be an Aeroship Regatta in Akron Ohio, Eastern United States
      > in early July1851.
      >
      > The Intrepid Aeronaut is offering a
      >
      > First Prize of 1 additional Crewman (Mechanic) and 1
      > Additional Attachment of (Rockets M+2, S+2).
      >
      > Second Prize will be a set of
      > Avionics Industries Propellers S+4.
      >
      > Third Prize will be a set of Bellerophon
      > Silks Sails S+4.
      >
      > Aeroship captains must be in territory in early July1851 in
      > Eastern United States to be eligible for the event. It will occur as the
      > first movement
      > of that week and all participants will turn in to the GM a SPEED die
      > roll of 1 D
      > 100 augmented with whatever you currently have on board for SPEED. The
      > reace
      > takes place entirely within the territory of Eastern United States.
      >
      > You will have your second half of the week's turn after the race.
      >

      > Mission Phase:
      > Missions with more than one mention may be doubled up and use modifiers
      > of both
      > categories.
      >
      > Self created Missions to include:Repair in actuality should be called
      > "invent or add on or modify" airship.
      > Repair: To initiate this mission require three of the seven listed crew.
      > Aeronaut, Scientist, Naval Officer, Engineer, Inventor, Mechanic,
      > Navigator
      > Roll a 1D100 and a Success yields = May add one attachment randomly
      > drawn roll a
      > 1D30 and reference the attachment chart.
      >
      > Recruit: Use Diplomacy modifier. Roll 1D100. May add one crew randomly
      > drawn if
      > you achieve a "Total Success".
      > Roll a 1D30 and randomly add your crew from the list.
      > Home Base modifiers +10 if moored at home port for repair and recruit.

      > Current Global news from the territories:
      >
      > 3.1.49 Diplomatic, entertain, North Africa
      > 4.6.13 Transport, Pick up person, South Pacific
      > 2.6.12 Exploration Collect ZBGAV, North Pacific
      > 4.5.93 Transport a politician, Venezuela
      > 4.6.54 Transport, artifact, East Africa
> [...]
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic