111Re: GAME TURN VIII Early April 1851

  • jovanpe@att.net
    Jan 24, 2010
      Airship -- The Incredibly Lighter than Air Mammoth Balloon Aeronautical Conveyance with Outlandish Weaponry -- ILAM BACOW or "The Bad-Ass Cow"

      Owner -- Sultan Sheik Turban XXXVII, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

      Captain: The Most Excellent Scavenger of the Skies and Purveyor of Fine Fruits, Sir I.M. Wetinmybritches

      Captain's Log Early April 1851

      The wind barely blew. I am afraid we will not make it in time for the Regatta. Blasted breezes! Wind speed of 12 got us nowhere and with the uptick to 22, we fared barely better, sailing from the Ukraine into Northern Europe. Stalled out there. Can see the white cliffs of Britain with the scope off in the distance, but cannot get there! The Prince will not be pleased.

      Captain I.M. Wetinmybritches
      April 5, 1851

      --- In Airship_Adventures_Sky_Lions@yahoogroups.com, "lionsden112002" <kenneth_vanpelt@...> wrote:

      > Game Turn VIII
      > Early April, 1851Second week.
      > USS White Cruiser
      > GM Cline commanding
      >
      > We sail on very favorable winds to Great Britain and register the White Cruiser for the regatta. Our crew under the watchful eye of the head mechanic, Blackburn goes into major preparation for the event.
      > Captain Cline and Ms. Burchette go into London to the recruiting office and see about acquiring a crewmember.
      > Roll up: Crew in London (self generated mission): 8
      > Now that won't do! In our haste to catch a coach into town-the damned fool mime thought it funny to run after us and try and shadow our efforts at the recruiting station. Well how was I to know as I signaled the driver to proceed the fool was attempting to jump aboard the coach which was a team of eight horse affair – you know the really heavy urban coach and SQUASH! The idiot's leg got caught in the rear wheel and was snapped off at the knee. Well I've never heard a mime scream but I can assure you our own Mr. Klempt found his voice that day! Now we must remove him from our crew manifest while he recuperates in a London emergency ward. A waste of time as our recruiting trip was canceled and now will have to wait.
      >

      > --- In Airship_Adventures_Sky_Lions@yahoogroups.com, "lionsden112002" <kenneth_vanpelt@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Intrepid Aeronaut
      > > GAME TURN VIII Early April 1851
      > > All the News in fits of print from the Corners of the Globe
      > > Featuring Up to Date Travelers' Advisories and Communiqués from Posts both Near
      > > and Far News in this Issue covers the week of January 11th, 2010
      > > Airship Adventures Aeronaut Game Scale for Aeroship Captains.
      > > 20 point Journeyman Aeronaut
      > > 40 points Master Aeronaut
      > > 60 points Renowned Aeronaut
      > > 80 points Sky Lion!
      > >
      > > Mission Phase: Valid missions.
      > > Missions with more than one mention may be doubled up and use modifiers of both
      > > categories.
      > >
      > > Self created Missions to include:Repair in actuality should be called
      > > "invent or add on or modify" airship.
      > > Repair: To initiate this mission require three of the seven listed crew.
      > > Aeronaut, Scientist, Naval Officer, Engineer, Inventor, Mechanic, Navigator
      > > Roll a 1D100 and a Success yields = May add one attachment randomly drawn roll a
      > > 1D30 and reference the attachment chart.
      > >
      > > Recruit: Use Diplomacy modifier. Roll 1D100. May add one crew randomly drawn if
      > > you achieve a "Total Success".
      > > Roll a 1D30 and randomly add your crew from the list.
      > > Home Base modifiers +10 if moored at home port for repair and recruit.

      > > Current Global news from the territories:
      > >
      > > 3.1.49 Diplomatic, entertain, North Africa
      > > 4.6.13 Transport, Pick up person, South Pacific
      > > 2.6.12 Exploration Collect ZBGAV, North Pacific
      > > 4.5.93 Transport a politician, Venezuela
      > > 4.6.54 Transport, artifact, East Africa
      > > 2.2.57 Exploration, expedition, South Africa
> [...]
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic