109Re: GAME TURN VIII Early April 1851

  • lionsden112002
    Jan 24, 2010
      Game Turn VIII
      Early April, 1851Second week.
      USS White Cruiser
      GM Cline commanding

      We sail on very favorable winds to Great Britain and register the White Cruiser for the regatta. Our crew under the watchful eye of the head mechanic, Blackburn goes into major preparation for the event.
      Captain Cline and Ms. Burchette go into London to the recruiting office and see about acquiring a crewmember.
      Roll up: Crew in London (self generated mission): 8
      Now that won't do! In our haste to catch a coach into town-the damned fool mime thought it funny to run after us and try and shadow our efforts at the recruiting station. Well how was I to know as I signaled the driver to proceed the fool was attempting to jump aboard the coach which was a team of eight horse affair – you know the really heavy urban coach and SQUASH! The idiot's leg got caught in the rear wheel and was snapped off at the knee. Well I've never heard a mime scream but I can assure you our own Mr. Klempt found his voice that day! Now we must remove him from our crew manifest while he recuperates in a London emergency ward. A waste of time as our recruiting trip was canceled and now will have to wait.

      --- In Airship_Adventures_Sky_Lions@yahoogroups.com, "lionsden112002" <kenneth_vanpelt@...> wrote:

      > The Intrepid Aeronaut
      > GAME TURN VIII Early April 1851
      > All the News in fits of print from the Corners of the Globe
      > Featuring Up to Date Travelers' Advisories and Communiqués from Posts both Near
      > and Far News in this Issue covers the week of January 11th, 2010
      > Airship Adventures Aeronaut Game Scale for Aeroship Captains.
      > 20 point Journeyman Aeronaut
      > 40 points Master Aeronaut
      > 60 points Renowned Aeronaut
      > 80 points Sky Lion!
      >
      > Mission Phase: Valid missions.
      > Missions with more than one mention may be doubled up and use modifiers of both
      > categories.
      >
      > Self created Missions to include:Repair in actuality should be called
      > "invent or add on or modify" airship.
      > Repair: To initiate this mission require three of the seven listed crew.
      > Aeronaut, Scientist, Naval Officer, Engineer, Inventor, Mechanic, Navigator
      > Roll a 1D100 and a Success yields = May add one attachment randomly drawn roll a
      > 1D30 and reference the attachment chart.
      >
      > Recruit: Use Diplomacy modifier. Roll 1D100. May add one crew randomly drawn if
      > you achieve a "Total Success".
      > Roll a 1D30 and randomly add your crew from the list.
      > Home Base modifiers +10 if moored at home port for repair and recruit.

      > Current Global news from the territories:
      >
      > 3.1.49 Diplomatic, entertain, North Africa
      > 4.6.13 Transport, Pick up person, South Pacific
      > 2.6.12 Exploration Collect ZBGAV, North Pacific
      > 4.5.93 Transport a politician, Venezuela
      > 4.6.54 Transport, artifact, East Africa
      > 2.2.57 Exploration, expedition, South Africa
      > 5.5.56 Rescue, animals, Congo
      > 5.3.14 Rescue,Explorer, South Pacific
      > 6.4.74 Speed race,train, Iceland
      > 4.3.98 Transport, food, Brazil
      > 4.5.54 Transport, political disadent, East Africa
      > 2.6.35 Exploration, Collect ZBGAV, Irkutsk
      > 5.2.27 Rescue, Explorer, India
      > 1.5.10 Military, Forward Observation: artillery spotting, Indian Ocean
      > 4.1.56 Transportation, Delivery Emergency Supplies, Congo
      > 5.4.86 Rescue, Explorer, Alaska
      > 5.3.36 Rescue, Explorer, Irkutsk
      > 1.5.77 Military, Artillery spotter, Quebec
      > 1.5.16 Military, Artillery spotter, South China Sea
      > 1.6.82 Military, Police action, Alberta
      > 6.4.99 Speed, Race a train, Afgentina
      > 5.6.60 Rescue, political disident, Madagascar
      >
      > PS GM: I really love the written descriptions of the mission outcomes. Can you reference them by coded description. In your after action report reference the actual coded numbers above.
      >
      > Look these up in your charts of navigation and political communique.

      > Travel Phase: Current barometric pressure and wind speeds at your
      > location. Heliographed instantly from around the globe. You can always rely on
      > an accurate and favorable forecast when you consult the Aeuonauts companion.
      > Brought to you by The Intrepid Aeuronaut.
      > Player 1 Wind Speed 14,81
      > Player 2 Wind Speed 3,83
      > Player 3 Wind Speed 12,22
> [...]
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic