Ohayocon, Eli August and end of the year dinner/lunch.

  • Captain LaGrange
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 3 9:22 AM
      Hello Ladies and gents!

      I hope everyone is keeping warm as the temperature starts to drop here in Ohio. Following up on my last email out I have some news so here goes.

      SO at lot of people have been asking about Ohayocon and I can get badges for a few people who are willing to help out with the con. We are going to be running a steampunk gallery where people can setup outfits and props to display for con goers to gaze upon. The room will be locked at night and staffed during the day. Which reminds me if anyone would like to contribute anything to the gallery that they have made let me know. Now for those people who are not doing panels but still want to help out and earn a badge here is what we need.

      "helping staff the cosplay gallery (at least 2-3 people a few hours a day- we are short on con staff so having the 3 steampunk groups will help) you know it's pretty easy- make sure people sign in, and i'd like the crews to talk to people about their stuff and steampunk in general. If anyone is interested we could use bodies backstage during cosplay as well and at lolita crush saturday morning. I'd like to have some people in gear from each group for ambiance and ready to help out if we are short"

      So if anyone is interested send me an email and I will let you know what needs to be done. I need to have a final list in by mid December so it's first come first served.

      Next up on January 12 The Archon shall be hosting an evening with Eli August (www.eliaugust.com). It will be a small potluck style parlor where Eli (guitar and ukulele) and Mike (upright Bass) will do an acoustic set for all those in attendance and pass a hat around at the end for a few donations. This show is to help provide them with funds to get back home to Baltimore, Maryland from Madison, Wisconsin. The event will be at in the Captains Quarters unless someone with a larger home would like to volunteer. Let me know what everyones opinions are on this.

      Last but not least I'd like to get as much of the crew together for an end of the year meal either lunch or dinner, potluck or at a restaurant. Do we have any suggestions on a Day, time and place?

      Your input is greatly appreciated!

      Captain Anthony LaGrange
    • holly james
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 5 1:41 PM
        I will happily help staff the gallery and with any luck I will have my BFG ready by then as well.

        Do you have a time for the Lolita crush? If I can get people up and moving on time I could help out there as well. That would depend on the time however.

        For the end of the year meal, unless everyone has other plans I would say new years eve or new years day. A potluck sounds awesome, and would be most affordable for everyone (particularly post holiday what with the bill, giftgiving and othersuch).

        H.L.Sampson
        Artist, writer, costumer & more

        > I hope everyone is keeping warm as the temperature starts
        > to drop here in Ohio. Following up on my last email out I
        > have some news so here goes.
        >
        > SO at lot of people have been asking about Ohayocon and I
        > can get badges for a few people who are willing to help out
        > with the con. We are going to be running a steampunk gallery
        > where people can setup outfits and props to display for con
        > goers to gaze upon. The room will be locked at night and
        > staffed during the day. Which reminds me if anyone would
        > like to contribute anything to the gallery that they have
        > made let me know. Now for those people who are not doing
        > panels but still want to help out and earn a badge here is
        > what we need.
        >
        > "helping staff the cosplay gallery (at least 2-3 people a
        > few hours a day- we are short on con staff so having the 3
        > steampunk groups will help) you know it's pretty easy- make
        > sure people sign in, and i'd like the crews to talk to
        > people about their stuff and steampunk in general. If anyone
        > is interested we could use bodies backstage during cosplay
        > as well and at lolita crush saturday morning. I'd like to
        > have some people in gear from each group for ambiance and
        > ready to help out if we are short"
        >
        > So if anyone is interested send me an email and I will let
        > you know what needs to be done. I need to have a final list
        > in by mid December so it's first come first served.
        >
        > Next up on January 12 The Archon shall be hosting an
        > evening with Eli August (www.eliaugust.com). It will be a
        > small potluck style parlor where Eli (guitar and ukulele)
        > and Mike (upright Bass) will do an acoustic set for all
        > those in attendance and pass a hat around at the end for a
        > few donations. This show is to help provide them with funds
        > to get back home to Baltimore, Maryland from Madison,
        > Wisconsin. The event will be at in the Captains Quarters
        > unless someone with a larger home would like to volunteer.
        > Let me know what everyones opinions are on this.
        >
        > Last but not least I'd like to get as much of the crew
        > together for an end of the year meal either lunch or dinner,
        > potluck or at a restaurant. Do we have any suggestions on a
        > Day, time and place?
        >
        > Your input is greatly appreciated!
        >
        > Captain Anthony LaGrange

        >     AirshipArchon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Sarah Hans
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 5 2:43 PM
          I'm also willing to staff the gallery for a few hours, if you need gallery staff more than panel help. You know me, if you tell me where and when to be there I'll oblige. I just can't do Friday or Saturday mornings thanks to work and class, boo.

          I think the New Year's Day potluck is not a bad idea. :)

          -Miss Dashwood
        • tgriner1
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 6 5:26 AM
            Hello Captain,
            I would be willing to help where ever you needed, I won't need a pass though, bought my entry for this comming Ohayocon at the last Ohayocon. Figured I'd get it done Early!
            If you need help let me know.

            Terry/Torrey

          • strangeknowledge@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 7 11:33 AM
              Ok I need everyone who is going to be helping out at Ohayocon to go to the website http://www.centaurstage.com/ohayocon/CreateNewLogin.aspx
              and create an EZ reg ID once you have that setup I need you to email me back with the name you signed up with and your EZ reg id .

              I need these ASAP!

              I'm also willing to staff the gallery for a few hours, if you need gallery staff more than panel help. You know me, if you tell me where and when to be there I'll oblige. I just can't do Friday or Saturday mornings thanks to work and class, boo.

              I think the New Year's Day potluck is not a bad idea. :)

              -Miss Dashwood
            • David Voderberg
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 7 11:42 AM
                I signed up with Crosis101
                TerAnn is CoinOpVooDooDoll

                Dr. Manhattan, a fly caught in Amber, Would you want to know the future if you couldn't change it?

                and create an EZ reg ID once you have that setup I need you to email me back with the name you signed up with and your EZ reg id .

                I need these ASAP!

                I'm also willing to staff the gallery for a few hours, if you need gallery staff more than panel help. You know me, if you tell me where and when to be there I'll oblige. I just can't do Friday or Saturday mornings thanks to work and class, boo.

                I think the New Year's Day potluck is not a bad idea. :)

                -Miss Dashwood

              • Lisa L.
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 7 11:59 AM
                  I've got lisaspieces.

                  To: AirshipArchon@yahoogroups.com
                  From: crosis101@...
                  Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:42:44 -0800
                  Subject: Re: [AirshipArchon] People helping at Ohayocon

                  I signed up with Crosis101
                  TerAnn is CoinOpVooDooDoll

                  Dr. Manhattan, a fly caught in Amber, Would you want to know the future if you couldn't change it?

                  and create an EZ reg ID once you have that setup I need you to email me back with the name you signed up with and your EZ reg id .

                  I need these ASAP!

                  I'm also willing to staff the gallery for a few hours, if you need gallery staff more than panel help. You know me, if you tell me where and when to be there I'll oblige. I just can't do Friday or Saturday mornings thanks to work and class, boo.

                  I think the New Year's Day potluck is not a bad idea. :)

                  -Miss Dashwood

                • Jennilee Cookman
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 7 12:20 PM
                    midnyghtsnow (of course)

                    And I'll be more than happy to help elsewhere if you need me for more than a panelist. :)

                    Blood makes the grass grow rah rah rah.

                    - Rhys, " Seduced by Moonlight "

                    and create an EZ reg ID once you have that setup I need you to email me back with the name you signed up with and your EZ reg id .

                    I need these ASAP!

                    I'm also willing to staff the gallery for a few hours, if you need gallery staff more than panel help. You know me, if you tell me where and when to be there I'll oblige. I just can't do Friday or Saturday mornings thanks to work and class, boo.

                    I think the New Year's Day potluck is not a bad idea. :)

                    -Miss Dashwood

                  • Betty_Lickman
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 7 7:32 PM
                      Narynzinfel is the name I registered under & the I'd they sent ( I hope this is what you need) is 34d0fa35-afd5-41d7-b32e-3092abca6b4a

                      Sent from my iPod

                      On Dec 7, 2010, at 2:33 PM, strangeknowledge@... wrote:

                      Ok I need everyone who is going to be helping out at Ohayocon to go to the website http://www.centaurstage.com/ohayocon/CreateNewLogin.aspx

                      and create an EZ reg ID once you have that setup I need you to email me back with the name you signed up with and your EZ reg id .

                      I need these ASAP!

                        I'm also willing to staff the gallery for a few hours, if you need gallery staff more than panel help. You know me, if you tell me where and when to be there I'll oblige. I just can't do Friday or Saturday mornings thanks to work and class, boo.

                        I think the New Year's Day potluck is not a bad idea. :)

                        -Miss Dashwood

                      • Rachel Steiner - US2005043355
                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 7 7:51 PM
                          On 12/7/2010 2:59 PM, Lisa L. wrote:

                          I've got lisaspieces.

                          AxisOfAnarchy here.
                          --
                          ------
                          Corinne Jameson of the Warrior-Scholars

                          OOC:
                          Rachel Steiner
                          US2005043355
                        • tgriner1@juno.com
                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 8 6:26 AM
                            Done.

                            Terry/Torrey

                            Wall Streets Secrets Revealed
                            The secrets that Wall Street Traders Don't want the public to know
                            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4cff95e0af7705bad9ast06duc
                          • tgriner1@juno.com
                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 8 7:26 AM
                              Just got my activation mail too. My login is Torrey.

                              Terry/Torrey

                              Weight Watchers®
                              Official Site. Discover Weight Loss Freedom with Weight Watchers Today.
                              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4cffa3efa7b7358b87cst04duc
                            • holly james
                              Message 14 of 23 , Dec 30 3:41 PM
                                I'm still waiting for approval on my name and password from three months ago apparently.
                                I'm unable to use my primary email as well since it seems to be tied up in that process. I'll let you know what's up once I try a few things...sorry to take so long, I've just returned from being an elf and I'm still catching up.

                                H.L.Sampson AKA: Gunny

                                Message 15 of 23 , Dec 30 3:58 PM
                                  I've gotten in with my secondary email

                                  I'm going by Horuri

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 4, 2011
                                    Can we get more info on the steampunk gallery?  Are you still looking for items?  How many people can contribute?  WHAT can they contribute?  What sort of displays will be set up for the items?  Are they just going to be tables, or are people setting up mannequins and vertical wall displays?  Will there be a sign with the artist's info, or is everything mixed together?  Last year there was a room displaying some of the costumes that had won awards in the past, will it be set up like that?

                                    If I'm going to contribute, I need to start gathering and fixing up items now and coming up with appropriate displays and all that.

                                    --Lisa

                                    To: AirshipArchon@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: tgriner1@...
                                    Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:26:17 +0000

                                    Hello Captain,
                                    I would be willing to help where ever you needed, I won't need a pass though, bought my entry for this comming Ohayocon at the last Ohayocon. Figured I'd get it done Early!
                                    If you need help let me know.

                                    Terry/Torrey

                                    --- In AirshipArchon@yahoogroups.com, "Captain LaGrange" <strangeknowledge@...> wrote:

                                    > Hello Ladies and gents!
                                    >
                                    > I hope everyone is keeping warm as the temperature starts to drop here in Ohio. Following up on my last email out I have some news so here goes.
                                    >
                                    > SO at lot of people have been asking about Ohayocon and I can get badges for a few people who are willing to help out with the con. We are going to be running a steampunk gallery where people can setup outfits and props to display for con goers to gaze upon. The room will be locked at night and staffed during the day. Which reminds me if anyone would like to contribute anything to the gallery that they have made let me know. Now for those people who are not doing panels but still want to help out and earn a badge here is what we need.
                                    >
                                    > "helping staff the cosplay gallery (at least 2-3 people a few hours a day- we are short on con staff so having the 3 steampunk groups will help) you know it's pretty easy- make sure people sign in, and i'd like the crews to talk to people about their stuff and steampunk in general. If anyone is interested we could use bodies backstage during cosplay as well and at lolita crush saturday morning. I'd like to have some people in gear from each group for ambiance and ready to help out if we are short"
                                    >
                                    > So if anyone is interested send me an email and I will let you know what needs to be done. I need to have a final list in by mid December so it's first come first served.
                                    >
                                    > Next up on January 12 The Archon shall be hosting an evening with Eli August (www.eliaugust.com). It will be a small potluck style parlor where Eli (guitar and ukulele) and Mike (upright Bass) will do an acoustic set for all those in attendance and pass a hat around at the end for a few donations. This show is to help provide them with funds to get back home to Baltimore, Maryland from Madison, Wisconsin. The event will be at in the Captains Quarters unless someone with a larger home would like to volunteer. Let me know what everyones opinions are on this.
                                    >
                                    > Last but not least I'd like to get as much of the crew together for an end of the year meal either lunch or dinner, potluck or at a restaurant. Do we have any suggestions on a Day, time and place?
                                    >
                                    > Your input is greatly appreciated!
                                    >
                                    > Captain Anthony LaGrange

                                  • holly james
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jan 4, 2011
                                      If we could possibly get everyone together to discuss these questions we could have some things sorted out. I have some experience with setting up and running small gallery showings (via SSU) and have some suggestions.

                                      When might everyone be available?

                                      To: AirshipArchon@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: tgriner1@...
                                      Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:26:17 +0000

                                    • strangeknowledge@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jan 4, 2011
                                        I should have some answers from my department head soon. But to answer one of Lisa's questions it will indeed be setup like the gallery last year of winning costumes.

                                        Capt. LaGrange

                                        To: AirshipArchon@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: tgriner1@...
                                        Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:26:17 +0000

                                      • strangeknowledge@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jan 5, 2011
                                          Ok I hope this covers all you questions!

                                          "The cosplay gallery is for any cosplay that has won an award (but I want some steampunk so I will waive that if it's good) we have hangar style stands with male or female torsos for the costume. I have 3- 4 slots open right now and if we can fill those with steampunk I would be very happy.
                                          The form to fill in is here- https://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dGNFcFlzdl9hdkJRVEpLTE5kZ0RHWHc6MA
                                          Have anyone interested fill it in ASAP so I can assign slots. I also have some small locking counter display cases for small props under 20 x 5 x 12, so watches, goggles, small to med weapons, etc.
                                          there may also be some long tables for staffs and such. I just need a form on everything so I have all the pieces and labels I need to make things look great.
                                          If we have several things related we will likely group them (so all the steampunk would be together) we can space them or cluster them based on needs and the overall look.
                                          The room should be larger than last year's and I want it to look really nice.
                                          Let me know if I missed any questions"

                                          To: AirshipArchon@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: tgriner1@...
                                          Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:26:17 +0000

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jan 9, 2011
                                            Hey all,

                                            Since I've heard panel confirmation has been sent out and I have a badge
                                            covered can I get confirmation on panels that I am listed to be on and
                                            if there's a scheduled time?

                                            --
                                            ------

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jan 10, 2011
                                              Ok now I need your Id number

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jan 12, 2011
                                                same here. My badge is confirmed where, when and for what shall I be needed..I'm pretty open.
                                                H.L.Sampson
                                                Artist, writer, costumer & more

                                                > Since I've heard panel confirmation has been sent out and I
                                                > have a badge
                                                > covered can I get confirmation on panels that I am listed
                                                > to be on and
                                                > if there's a scheduled time?
                                                >
                                                > --
                                                > ------
                                                > Corinne Jameson of the Warrior-Scholars
                                                > Social Conscience of Atlantic City, NJ
                                                >
                                                > OOC:
                                                > Rachel Steiner
                                                > US2005043355

                                                >     AirshipArchon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                              • Tony Brehm
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jan 18, 2011
                                                  I have my badge confirmation. What's the plan?
                                                  I have a 3 day pass and the day off Friday. Tell me when and where and I'll have my stuff on hand and ready to help where I can.

                                                  (Tony B)

                                                  Reginald ( Reggie) Higgins-Potts
                                                  Ships Naturalist/Botanist/Xenobiologist