Re:Stretched Dacron

  • jm_silverman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2006
      In reading the instruction and watching the DVD, it appears that it is
      important to apply the right amount of heat for the H&B to "join" with
      the Dacron. If done correctly, it appears to hold very well.
      Remember, this is not from my experience yet. I am still in the
      planning stages of building my boat.

      Joel
      --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, Kai Mei <kai@...> wrote:

      > Heat and Bond is very good as described in the plans.

    • Rich Briggs
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2006
        Hi, Group. I'm a newbie with a kit somewhere around here.  More than a few years ago
        I was instructed to use SS staples on a PVC  kayak. I believe they were provided in the kit.
        They required an Arrow T-50 stapler. Not an inexpensive purchased, but a very good tool.

        I would recommend locating the SS staples first, then get the stapler to match. If you
        can borrow one that fits, so much the better.

        Good Luck!