Re: More on the Black Fly dinghy

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2010
      Bob,
      I'll keep you posted. I suspect I'll have to put a clear coat of varnish over it, as I already scuffed it a bit bringing it over the rail of my sailboat. It maybe needs something harder on the outside, but it's fun to experiment. It certainly seems to be waterproof.

      Peter.

      --- In Airolite_Boats@yahoogroups.com, "Bob & Kay" <bkmcintosh@...> wrote:

      > Peter .. Am in the process of building a Classic 12 - tomorrow will finish
      > gluing in the ribs -- was interested in your choice of paint and might be
      > something I might try on my project. Wonder of any others on this net have
      > used this or similar and what the end result was over time.. Bob/Seattle

    • Bob & Kay
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2010

        Thanks and it appears from your photo site (very nicely documented I might add) that you did a really nice job on her.  I built a stitch and glue Cats Paw 10 last year (a nesting dinghy) for my sailboat …  it turned out great, stores in half the space and each section weighs less than 50 pounds so easy to get on and off my sailboat.  Was a joy to get the inflatable back in the garage and off the foredeck….  Bob