Re: [Airolite_Boats] Re: right snowshoe for two heavy guys

  • Hajo Smulders
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 17, 2010
      You are looking at one of Monfort's bigger boats.
      A classic 12 or 14 (I will be building a 12)
      A Snowshoe 16 or 18 (traveller)
      From your description I would go for the Snowshoe traveller.It's the only Monfort boat that's not close to capacity from your description.
      You will go over your estimated capacity.
      These boats are so lightweight that cartopping is just not an issue. So go for the biggest you think you need.

      Hajo
      --
      "A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time." (Alfred E. Wiggam)

      On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:22 PM, martin_simion <martin_simion@...> wrote:

      I obviously didn`t make myself clear, I ment 2 guys 100 kilos each plus gear. This should be about 450 to 500 Pounds in total.
      I already looked at the specs but want to hear some first hand knowledge as I am not willing to spent money and, more important, time to end up with a boat that is to small for two.

      On the other hand I dont want to go too big because of carrying and transportation issues.

      Anyway, thank you for your reply, any more thoughts are appreciated,

      martin

      ___

    • martin_simion
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20, 2010
        Thank you for all your input, that made it a lot easier to decide!

        Martin